Good morning everybody :frow

I dont know why Im upset because its the same thing every time, but i am so upset about mothers day. They did absolutely nothing. Kiddo spent two days telling me about a coworker who worked “until two in the morning” making something for their mom and how he thought that was a stupid waste of time. Come Sunday, he said nothing to me at all and barely even looked at me. Hubs, of course, was no better. This happens on my birthday and Christmas too. Of course I dare not do nothing for his gift giving holiday or even those meant mostly for kids giftwise, Easter, etc. I bought a bunch of decorations for kiddos 21st and now feel like returning them. Not in retaliation, but because he expressly stated he wanted nothing, not even a cake. I was going to keep them, but I bend over backwards and he just doesn't appreciate it so I could use the money more than his surly attitude and dismissiveness over my hard work for his special day.

I dont know why Im upset because its the same thing every time, but i am so upset about mothers day. They did absolutely nothing. Kiddo spent two days telling me about a coworker who worked “until two in the morning” making something for their mom and how he thought that was a stupid waste of time. Come Sunday, he said nothing to me at all and barely even looked at me. Hubs, of course, was no better. This happens on my birthday and Christmas too. Of course I dare not do nothing for his gift giving holiday or even those meant mostly for kids giftwise, Easter, etc. I bought a bunch of decorations for kiddos 21st and now feel like returning them. Not in retaliation, but because he expressly stated he wanted nothing, not even a cake. I was going to keep them, but I bend over backwards and he just doesn't appreciate it so I could use the money more than his surly attitude and dismissiveness over my hard work for his special day.

I am so sorry Fishy. :hugs

As for that 21st birthday......celebrate like crazy! Not for him but for you! It is a huge milestone in life.

FWIW mine was extremely similar. :(
Not even an offer to help make dinner or do dishes.

feel bad for you, but they need wake up call! why do you "dare not" acknowledge their days?? seems they treat you badly--but you don't have to let them!

I have never been married nor have kids. But I have learned that people that don't give gifts, parties and such, don't care about such things. I stopped giving a couple decades ago and it was no big deal to them. Especially men who say that they don't want anything.. it was a relief to them.
That was my experience and yours maybe different with the men in your life.

You could wait to give the gift and see if they say anything. If they say anything haul it out and say, I thought you didn't want anything. LOL

Good morning Fishy :frow :hugs I'm sorry they treat you like that 😞

feel bad for you, but they need wake up call! why do you "dare not" acknowledge their days?? seems they treat you badly--but you don't have to let them!
Good morning Cheepteach :frow enjoy your day

I have never been married nor have kids. But I have learned that people that don't give gifts, parties and such, don't care about such things. I stopped giving a couple decades ago and it was no big deal to them. Especially men who say that they don't want anything.. it was a relief to them.
That was my experience and yours maybe different with the men in your life.

You could wait to give the gift and see if they say anything. If they say anything haul it out and say, I thought you didn't want anything. LOL
Good morning Mo :frow enjoy your day

I am so sorry Fishy. :hugs

As for that 21st birthday......celebrate like crazy! Not for him but for you! It is a huge milestone in life.

FWIW mine was extremely similar. :(
Not even an offer to help make dinner or do dishes.
Mine has gone a step further, a couple of years ago he stated he wouldn't do anything around the house. He never was one to help, but when he did it showed and I told him how much it helped me out. He hates compliments, but notices/remembers when you dont say anything. :he
Hopefully he moves out soon. He needs his own space. And I need mine.

Back
Top Bottom