Good morning everyone.

It has been migraine inducing heat here for a few weeks now. Today we should be in the mid 80's. Our humidity has been higher than usual which makes it so much worse.

I am glad to see Fishy's kiddo is ok.
I am also glad to see Mo's missing cockerel is just being a bit dumb and not a critter snack.

I have been hearing an owl around. Yesterday I got to see it. I am not good at owl id but it was sitting on the power pole hooting away at 6am. Pretty bird to see and glad for the roofs on my runs. It was about a foot tall so could easily handle a bantam chicken.
I am thinking barn owl is a maybe on type.

Nope not a barn owl. It has tufts/horns of feathers like a great horned owl...lighter in color so maybe a juvenile...

Last edited:
Good morning all
Was hot and humid when I got up. Raining now, which I need. Flood watch to the north, hoping it's staying north like they say.
I have a 12 wk cockerel awol in for a couple might..... sleeping in the trees out of reach. Finally spotted him this morning.
:frow Good afternoon Mo, have a great day
Good morning everyone.

It has been migraine inducing heat here for a few weeks now. Today we should be in the mid 80's. Our humidity has been higher than usual which makes it so much worse.

I am glad to see Fishy's kiddo is ok.
I am also glad to see Mo's missing cockerel is just being a bit dumb and not a critter snack.

I have been hearing an owl around. Yesterday I got to see it. I am not good at owl id but it was sitting on the power pole hooting away at 6am. Pretty bird to see and glad for the roofs on my runs. It was about a foot tall so could easily handle a bantam chicken.
I am thinking barn owl is a maybe on type.

Nope not a barn owl. It has tufts/horns of feathers like a great horned owl...lighter in color so maybe a juvenile...
:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day

GHO get my poults until 6 months old.
So far they haven't found my poults this year.

Good grief! They take big birds! I will be careful not to let anyone out dawn or dusk.
Ummm main storm still to come and the bottom floodplain is knee deep and I can't see the box trap. It should wash up against the field fence. Most stuff does.

So far by the house says 5 inches, garden 4, across the highway 2.5 and two miles down the road 3.5... in three hours

That is a lot of water. Be careful.

We went to the fair. I hadn't been to one in 25+ years. I mainly wanted to see all the quilts. There were so many stunning works it was amazing. We went through the critter barns and thought about getting something to eat there. Critters all were beautiful and not overheated. The fair food was ridiculously expensive (not paying $2.50 for a can of soda) so we hit the store deli instead.

Back
Top Bottom