Finally! I finally got all caught up with this thread. It's the beginning of the busy season for me at work, so I fell miserably behind in the ugly chick thread. By the time I got back to 30+ pages had already gone by. I'm glad I found all of my favorite BYC peeps.
I've heard that more people die around the holidays than any other time. Apparently that is true

Please get me some of their flat tater tots!

When my mom died, I wrote a really long thank you letter to whoever did my mom's hair and makeup.
I swear she looked better than she'd ever looked in her life.
She would have been tickled PINK with how her hair turned out!!! :lau:lau:lau

I just wanted that person to know that their work was so appreciated and it made their Grammys passing so much easier for all the grandchildren because she didn't look like a "dead person"...

Also I have 2 welsummers.
Rosy and "Ashley I"
Rosy grew an impossibly huge floppy comb (hangs over one eye like a jaunty red beret) and wattles and is very uh.... unfeminine. Which is why we named her rosy. Her personality is spot on Rosy O'Donnell's character in a league of their own.
"Ashley I " was our cry baby chick who wanted to be held all the time.
My daughters love watching "the bachelor" and loved that girl named Ashley "I" a few seasons back because she was always pining and crying away after a guy named Jared who didn't return her affection. Lol.

Hahaha. I love the reasoning behind the name!!!

I've heard that more people die around the holidays than any other time. Apparently that is true
Yes, it's true.

My parents previous house had an apartment in their basement. They rented it out to a middle aged lady with a neurotic Bichon. We were getting ready to host the extended family Christmas Eve shindig and my mom texted the lady asking her if she wanted to come up if she didn't have anything else to do. She didn't respond, but my mom didn't think much of it because the lady was a bit of a loner. The apartment was below the living room and we could hear her alarm going off every 15 min or so for 5 min. We also heard her phone ringing but she didn't answer it and we heard her dog whining periodically but she never let him out. We were starting to wonder what was going on, when my sister, who had slept in the living room, said she thought she heard someone throwing up around 2am. My mom decided to go and check on her. She was dead on the floor and her dog was curled up next to her, whining and licking her arm. We postponed the festivities for a few hours. EMS and the cops had to come to make sure there was no foul play. The EMS guys said this was the 4th call for people found dead they had so far that day (it was around 1pm) and they just heard 2 more calls on the radio. They usually only get 1 or two a day but it spikes drastically around holidays and they are usually half natural deaths and half obvious suicides.

Long story short. It was a combination of bad health and self medication (she had a good deal of alcohol in her system) that put her in to heart failure.

Last edited:
On a lighter and happy note.....
This spring I ended up with an accidental BA rooster.

Being in town he got sent to a country home. He is still named Jake but has become a really great cockerel.
Hubby got a pic of him yesterday. He is huge and gorgeous!

Maybe in the spring when my bitty goes broody I can get some eggs for her.

Just poking my head out to say "hi"...

image.jpg

Lol!!!!! Made you look!:wee:lau

Dang, I disappear for a few days to wallow and stuff, and I come back to ***26 pages*** to catch up on. What the hell!

I took a sick day today (I'm not. It's what I lovingly call a "mental health day" and it's long overdue!) so I can catch up on all the ramblings, squatchings, and going ons I've been missing. Love ya guys!:frow :love:hugs

Back
Top Bottom