I put Gladys down this morning. :hit

She seemed off for a few days and she couldn’t move her wings this morning. It was best for her. Unbelievably hard on me.

Oh Nunny, i am so very sorry. :hugs :hit :hugs

You are such a good chicken mom. You did everything you possibly could, and then some. That sweet hen knew she was loved.

Take care of yourself, my friend.

I don't even know how many nail trims are needed here, one for sure Hobo and Lulu and Negan need freak toe trims they're going curly. Iv'e got a bunch of we'll lay if we feel like it going on here. At least iv'e got one more getting in on it. Between Beavis, Tucks ,Marlene and Rene I might get an egg a day now if i'm lucky.
Showed hubs the newest size, he said "fart egg?" I said kinda.:gig
Looking mine over last night
(yup they get all groped on Friday) I have zero laying, 3 still molting, 1 losing weight and 4 needing nail trims.

The one losing weight is the tow yard welsummer. She is the last tow yard bird we have. I fed her separate this morning and she ate well.
:confused:

I don't even know how many nail trims are needed here, one for sure Hobo and Lulu and Negan need freak toe trims they're going curly. Iv'e got a bunch of we'll lay if we feel like it going on here. At least iv'e got one more getting in on it. Between Beavis, Tucks ,Marlene and Rene I might get an egg a day now if i'm lucky.
Showed hubs the newest size, he said "fart egg?" I said kinda.:gig

All my nail trims are on Cochins. I guess mine aren't big on scratching about.
The crazy foot feathers certainly make digging harder.
:p Watching them trot around IS funnier though.

You are.....but that's ok. Congratulations on the egg
:lau I really think I am...lol.. I've never owned chickens before and it's been a journey I share with my non chicken friends all the time and I'm gonna be honest they look at me oddly sometimes. It's really hard to believe it's only been 5 months since I brought them home. It feels so much longer then that.
AUG 13TH:
20180813_202354.jpg

Now:
20181229_171026.jpg

It's crazy how fast they grew up !!

Back
Top Bottom