Oh wow. That's reallys sad, but I guess that's their way of ensuring their species survival in the wild. Can you put up a blockade to keep her more in the dark, kinda like one of those room divider screens? I bet she'll love how toasty warm the extra lights will make it.

Exactly. Since I was paying $1.50 every single day to air up that 1 tire I'd check the others too and I swear each tire was 1/2 - 1 lb low each morning. Whyyyyy? I don't think the tires are having the valve problem the other one was, but just fluctuating b/c of the cold.

She probably laid that egg and though Yeah, I'm not doing that again. Smart bird.
Rude question, Is your husband salary or hourly? Just wondering b/c if he's going in at 3 is he still working his hours or does he leave when everyone else does too? If so i can see that being a problem. But if he's still working his time maybe they don't mind. Like doing an evening shift.

The research I did said unless allowed to sit and hatch many cockatiel will continue to lay until they have to little calcium to live. CRAAAAZY!
I am glad thinking I can limit the light with cardboard or cloth on the seed station.
I definitely do NOT want a freaky bird in there!

The tire bleed off has to do with contracting during the cold nights......I am sure there is some science there somewhere. Mine drops just enough to set off my low tire warning light. :rolleyes:

:frow I'll trade you, 15 and feels a lot colder, have a goo day and stay warm.

:frow Have a great day
Ok i'll trade, barring disaster no more long trips for me until 4 for supper.
You have a goo day too Bob, no way im the only one having a goo day.;)

Oh wow. That's reallys sad, but I guess that's their way of ensuring their species survival in the wild. Can you put up a blockade to keep her more in the dark, kinda like one of those room divider screens? I bet she'll love how toasty warm the extra lights will make it.

Exactly. Since I was paying $1.50 every single day to air up that 1 tire I'd check the others too and I swear each tire was 1/2 - 1 lb low each morning. Whyyyyy? I don't think the tires are having the valve problem the other one was, but just fluctuating b/c of the cold.

She probably laid that egg and though Yeah, I'm not doing that again. Smart bird.
Rude question, Is your husband salary or hourly? Just wondering b/c if he's going in at 3 is he still working his hours or does he leave when everyone else does too? If so i can see that being a problem. But if he's still working his time maybe they don't mind. Like doing an evening shift.

He's salary and he stays late somedays, but he's pretty bad to leave early too.
He's on weekend callback which is time and a half for him while nobody else can get ANY overtime right now.
He's not making friends. :(

The research I did said unless allowed to sit and hatch many cockatiel will continue to lay until they have to little calcium to live. CRAAAAZY!
I am glad thinking I can limit the light with cardboard or cloth on the seed station.

The tire bleed off has to do with contracting during the cold nights......I am sure there is some science there somewhere. Mine drops just enough to set off my low tire warning light. :rolleyes:
I wonder if she could hatch a quail egg, feeding would freak her out though :eek:
How about stealing a robins eggs :oops:

I wonder if she could hatch a quail egg, feeding would freak her out though :eek:
How about stealing a robins eggs :oops:

:confused: It was 6+ years ago when she laid the eggs. I don't want her to even THINK about that crap again.

I went through all my seeds. Looks like I need a few tomato, sweet bell pepper, and spinach.....maybe a few more greens then I am all set to grow!
Needing so few veggie seeds opens the budget for some flower seeds! I want the front gardens to feel more cottage garden like.

@Willowspirit If you watch, you will find that most people around Portland don't fuss too much about umbrellas and rain coats. The only reason for wearing more than a hoodie would be cooler temps. Up here we can pick most of the tourists out because they use umbrellas, and the majority of us don't. You can also tell who are transplants during the winter. The ones from snowy states are tootling down the road nice and steady at a reasonable speed. Everyone else is either going too fast, or creeping along so slow a snail could reach their destination before them. I prefer that most of them stay home so I can take the all wheel drive and run errands, or just have a good time and a little fun. McDonald's at 2 am on unplowed, snowy roads is always fun. There again, IHOP and Denny's at that time is just as fun.

Thank you! I guess I am preadapted to PDX weather!

I bet that's fun. My car's too old to have a tire warning light, but it would have been great to have one the past month or so. Would have saved me a lot of trouble. My brother told me to check my tire pressure every single day. The thought of unscrewing those 4 tiny caps every single day is enough to make me stab someone, I'll consider doing it once a week, but I'll be lucky if I do it once a month. I should do it regularly though, I paid enough for the tire pressure gauge I should get my $$'s worth out of it.

Those breeding instincts are strong. It's kinda sad that they really want babies, but will never have them. Hopefully a bird laying eggs isn't as bad as a cat in heat.

Ok i'll trade, barring disaster no more long trips for me until 4 for supper.
You have a goo day too Bob, no way im the only one having a goo day.;)

He's salary and he stays late somedays, but he's pretty bad to leave early too.
He's on weekend callback which is time and a half for him while nobody else can get ANY overtime right now.
He's not making friends. :(
Oh.. yeah, I'd probably be trying a bit harder to work enough hours. W/ my luck they'd see that I wasn't working salary hours so they'd switch me to hourly. They did that w/ a guy who worked here a while back. They could tell that he wasn't working as much as he should so they made him start clocking in and eventually fired him. I didn't feel sorry for him more than the whole being embarrassed to be fired. They warned him repeatedly and gave him many opportunities to get his carp together & he didn't.

Well iv'e had my say about it all, we had a decent chat a few weeks back.
I am very literally a one trick pony, if he listened or he didn't im totally off his almonds & cashews about it.
If he gets a spanking so be it , he knew that possibility was there.
He's killing my schedule though and I hold that sucker near and dear and i'd love, love, loooove for that to cease.😌

I bet that's fun. My car's too old to have a tire warning light, but it would have been great to have one the past month or so. Would have saved me a lot of trouble. My brother told me to check my tire pressure every single day. The thought of unscrewing those 4 tiny caps every single day is enough to make me stab someone, I'll consider doing it once a week, but I'll be lucky if I do it once a month. I should do it regularly though, I paid enough for the tire pressure gauge I should get my $$'s worth out of it.

Those breeding instincts are strong. It's kinda sad that they really want babies, but will never have them. Hopefully a bird laying eggs isn't as bad as a cat in heat.

Oh.. yeah, I'd probably be trying a bit harder to work enough hours. W/ my luck they'd see that I wasn't working salary hours so they'd switch me to hourly. They did that w/ a guy who worked here a while back. They could tell that he wasn't working as much as he should so they made him start clocking in and eventually fired him. I didn't feel sorry for him more than the whole being embarrassed to be fired. They warned him repeatedly and gave him many opportunities to get his carp together & he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom