Glad you had a baby sitter and help to keep moving forward. Should be able to get it done before you go back to work. If not...
Little every day gets it done.
I'm hoping we can get it done. If not, we'll put an excellent dent into it. I'm just glad that my mom decided that it was fine for me to store my craft stuff there. She's going to set up a sewing room in the bedroom we used to occupy and she is fine with us co-mingling our supplies.

It is nutty.
That bottle makes for some fine toilet time reading i'll have you know!
Nearly a whole book on there Miss picky pants. ;)

GEEZETT.gif

At this rate I'm just going to use the dove bar on my head too. 🤦🏻‍♀️

The castile soap sounds nice. I found an unscented brand. Dr Bronners seems a little nutty. All the quotes and passage on the bottle. Its soap not a soap box.

At this point I'm just frustrated and being critical and picky.

Nunny, when I first used that soap I looked up that bottle.
I had to, it was so odd and the story did not disappoint.
That bottle could have been muuuuuch much odder.👽

Emanuel Bronner was a Jewish, third-generation master soapmaker in Southern Germany in the early 1900s who narrowly missed the Nazi takeover by moving out of the country due to generational rifts with his father and uncles.

-He held an equivalent of a masters in chemistry. Though whether or not he actually earned a doctorate wasn't discussed in this podcast.

-He pioneered the invention of liquid soap.

-His family’s original soap company in Germany was taken over and Aryanized by the Nazis. The new management even sent a letter out to the prior consumer base to alert them about the changes.

-Emanuel Bronner lead a very spiritual life, largely inspired by Judaism, the Holocaust (he lost both of his parents in concentration camps), and the nuclear armed war. He felt “urgently called upon” to help people realize their “transcendent unity,” and felt the label of his product was the best medium on which to spread the message.

-He was intense, to say the least, even spending time in Elgin Mental Health Center outside of Chicago.

-He escaped from the mental institution and moved out west to Los Angeles, speaking often in Pershing Square. People would by his soap after his sermons, which is where he got the idea to print his ideology on the packaging.

-A man by the name of Fred Walker willingly crucified himself for Dr. Bronner’s Peace Plan on a Chicago bridge in the 1940s.

-The company was sued by Olympic swimmer, Mark Spitz (around the time that Michael Phelps bested his gold medal record), for using his name on their packaging as an example of a fine Jewish role model. They ended up cutting him a check for an undisclosed amount.

-You can use the soap for pretty much anything, including brushing your teeth if you run out of toothpaste.

-Dr. Bronner wouldn’t sell to retailers that weren’t interested in hearing about his philosophies. Walmart, for example, was one that the company historically refused to allow to distribute its products, though the stores now carry the line.

I definitely would say feed your septic monthly, or every other month, with RidX. I will swear by that stuff. You also need to see what else your tank will enjoy, i.e., what the bacteria in RidX does will with. Usually it'll be paper and sewage. Cut back on antibacterial soap, you don't want to kill off the bacteria breaking down the waste.

Chickassan loved your story. I'm Jewish, my grandather lost his family to the holocaust. He made it somehow to this country and met my grandmother who was brought "over" for an arranged marriage. She didn't care for the man, but, fell in love with grandpa and married him. I think I took a lot after her. She also had a wild sense of humor - me too. Oddly enough my mother did NOT!!

It's funny my grandma was several inches taller than grandpa, who I believe was under five feet tall. He was built like an anvil, stocky and rock hard. Very strong man despite his size. He ended up working at the Steel mill. They needed someone to work on the engines. Grandpa said he could do it. Of course he knew nothing about them but, taught himself and became the "go to" guy " when help was needed.

My grandmother was a beautiful woman but, I loved her stories when she said how handsome grandpa was. As they say "love is blind." It's just as easy to fall in love with "an ugly mug," as a tv star.. especially when you get to know the person "inside."

Good morning! Guess what? I must be out of goo because it is raining boy howdy is it raining.
Nothing quite like a squishy Friday morning and cold too! NICE lol!
If only sarcasm could stop rain. :p
Found some freaky Friday chickens...middle one had no shame so pasties were deployed.
One more first time experience up in smoke.:gig
1579863096846.png

Wonderful news! :)

It looks like Cinders is well on the mend! :wee

She was on the roost at coop closing!!!!!

I didn't know the details about him,but more fleshing out of such an odd story is welcomed.
If you see that novel on the soap bottle curiosity can't be helped.
Honestly, it is all over the place so you want to know....especially since you're scrubbing with it. ;)

The crucifixion was Fred Walcher, who was Austrian. He crucified himself on 3-9-1945.

Sorry Chicky, you got my curiosity going. :oops:

What a sweet story Diva!
And romantic to boot. :)
Made me awww before 8am...didn't even know that could happen.:lau

Chickassan loved your story. I'm Jewish, my grandather lost his family to the holocaust. He made it somehow to this country and met my grandmother who was brought "over" for an arranged marriage. She didn't care for the man, but, fell in love with grandpa and married him. I think I took a lot after her. She also had a wild sense of humor - me too. Oddly enough my mother did NOT!!

It's funny my grandma was several inches taller than grandpa, who I believe was under five feet tall. He was built like an anvil, stocky and rock hard. Very strong man despite his size. He ended up working at the Steel mill. They needed someone to work on the engines. Grandpa said he could do it. Of course he knew nothing about them but, taught himself and became the "go to" guy " when help was needed.

My grandmother was a beautiful woman but, I loved her stories when she said how handsome grandpa was. As they say "love is blind." It's just as easy to fall in love with "an ugly mug," as a tv star.. especially when you get to know the person "inside."

Back
Top Bottom