Ohhh....in person it is something else.
Dirt devils BE GONE!!
Little over the top? For us yeah, but for soap guy i'm going to say nooo
It is really good soap though, probably made out of milk carton kids but man does it clean. :caf
Mind you all the searching was online and the bottle label was only pictures of the bottle. I couldn't read a lot of it. But interesting none the less.
I'm going to google the suave ingredients and see what they really are. If they are awful then castile soap with be next.

I went to check on my birds last night & found their the cord on their waterer had exposed wires near the base. Not wanting to have cooked chicken I left it unplugged. Luckily it was above freezing last night (or most of it) so hopefully they still had liquid water this morning. I spent $50 on a new waterer, thankfully I hadn't used my 10% off coupon yet so I saved a few bucks. I even grabbed a new rat trap & some hammy treats, along w/ a bag of feed & scratch for $80. Chickens are ridiculously expensive creatures to keep. I was going to grab a bottle of safe guard since it'd be a few $ less, but they were out.
I still need to get their poop checked anyway, been busy w/ the ballet stuff so I have zero free time right now.
I have to pop over tonight after work to put in the new waterer before heading back to the studio. I let them out for a few minutes yesterday & they managed to find a bit of grass under the snow. A few didn't even think about going outside. I really don't blame them.
Rain here today so much of the snow should be gone for about a day before it snows again.

The Harry Potter quilt I am working on....
Front
20200124_145455.jpg
Back 20200124_145610.jpg

Hi guys,

Today has been an interesting day. I found out what has been happening to my bantams. My FIL said that he's been finding flayed open carcasses in the field and he thought the larger birds were getting aggressive with them. Unfortunately I hadn't been able to get out there to assess the situation.

We were going to work on the farmhouse again but both DH and FIL are sick. So I took the boys to my mom and went shopping this morning. My MIL suggested that she and I go over to the farmhouse this afternoon to do at least some work. So after lunch, bath, and putting the baby down for a nap and we get in the car to go the 100 yards down the lane to the farmhouse (my MIL doesn't like walking that far, it's raining, and it is easier to ferry stuff back and forth). As we are driving past the chicken paddock, out of the corner of my eye I see what I first thought to be a mess of feathers on the ground with a naked chicken standing in the middle of it. I slam on the breaks and look. It is a hawk. A tiny one. not much bigger than the bantam it was tearing into.

No wonder why I haven't lost any chickens to hawks before. They've all been too big or fast. These banties are tiny and slow.

Is it bad that I feel a little better about the banties being taken out by a hawk than pecked to death by their flock mates? I'm going to see if I can round them up and sell them before they all become hawk food.

Back
Top Bottom