Anybody ever have an upside down chick?
Little thing is always on its back. I flip it over and it rolls right back. I put shelf liner in the incubator and put it right side up... flipped right back over. Right now I have it in a cup in the incubator. But I can’t leave it in there forever. If it can’t stay right side up I don’t know what I can do.
Yes, if you baby it for a day or two they seem to get stronger.

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well today. I apologise for being MIA. Been out on a date most of the day which was fun.

Back home now and momma henning lol

I have 20 standard breed chicks total and 15 quail total. I have them all moved out to the building outside instead of the house. Love them but not when they wake me up all night and the dust is horrible they create. Been there and done that before lol.

Now I have to build a quail pen and get that all ready for when they are ready to move out of the brooder. Have a few weeks though.

Also I'm debating on what bantam I'm going to try next. I still want to have some bantams to play with but since I had none of the Japanese make it I'm debating on whether I want to get more of them or another breed.

The ones I'm thinking about are the.
1.) Silver sebrights
2.) Serama
3.) D'Uccle
3.) Olandsk Dwarf
4.) Japanese Bantams
5.) Silkies

They well be staying the the chicken tractor I made so they need to be a small breed. I think the silkies may be too big for what I'm thinking. Though they are quite funny chickens to watch lol.
I like the D'Uccle in the pics I've seen but never saw any in person. Not 100% on how big they are either.
The Japanese are one I've always liked the looks of and the black molted are absolutely beautiful in my opinion.
The serama are definitely small enough and I like the variety that they come in. I'm not particularly fond of the frizzle ones but the standard ones are very attractive and they do have a silked version which is very interesting to me.
I know nothing about the olandsk dwarf but I think they are again a beautiful bantam and seem to be very uncommon.
I've had sebrights before and they are awesome. I would not mind having them again also.

All that said I'm just going to do ONE bantam breed. I can't do them all! (I tell myself this over and over again constantly lol)

Sorry to write a book here 😅
I just got Seramas and like them very much. Pretty calm.

You too Bob. I am hoping Sue is doing better since she has been home.
She is. Everyday seems better. Yesterday she actually had a four hour spell totally headache free. Yesterday marked 30 days since the stroke, normally stroke victims don't get a headache free spell for about six weeks.

She is. Everyday seems better. Yesterday she actually had a four hour spell totally headache free. Yesterday marked 30 days since the stroke, normally stroke victims don't get a headache free spell for about six weeks.

That is great to hear!
She continues to be ahead of the normal recovery times!!:wee

Good morning! Everybody seems so much happier after I worked my butt off yesterday lol.
Seriously iv'e got a bunch of chipper chickens this morning, almost giddy.
Im glad they are so easy to please, guess I will have to bake in the sun more often for them.:)
:frow Good morning Chicky, have a great day

Good morning! Everybody seems so much happier after I worked my butt off yesterday lol.
Seriously iv'e got a bunch of chipper chickens this morning, almost giddy.
Im glad they are so easy to please, guess I will have to bake in the sun more often for them.:)

Good morning Chicky! Happy birds are a great thing to wake up to.
I changed the duck pool after dark last night. (I have a flood light over there) I have happy quackers splashing about this morning.

Back
Top Bottom