How long has it been out of the egg Nunny?
Lulu was a flipper and it took her nearly two days to stay on her feet without help.
Good to know. I thought the 2020 curse was continuing.
Its almost like it’s yolk belly is too big. It’s legs are really far apart. But it seems healthy otherwise. Fat and squawking.

Took a couple good poops to straighten her out.
Really besides wedgeing her in a cut out toilet paper tube so she didn't flip that is the only thing that happened to assist.
If yours is the same expect a massive wet crap.
Good to know. I thought the 2020 curse was continuing.
Its almost like it’s yolk belly is too big. It’s legs are really far apart. But it seems healthy otherwise. Fat and squawking.

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well today. I apologise for being MIA. Been out on a date most of the day which was fun.

Back home now and momma henning lol

I have 20 standard breed chicks total and 15 quail total. I have them all moved out to the building outside instead of the house. Love them but not when they wake me up all night and the dust is horrible they create. Been there and done that before lol.

Now I have to build a quail pen and get that all ready for when they are ready to move out of the brooder. Have a few weeks though.

Also I'm debating on what bantam I'm going to try next. I still want to have some bantams to play with but since I had none of the Japanese make it I'm debating on whether I want to get more of them or another breed.

The ones I'm thinking about are the.
1.) Silver sebrights
2.) Serama
3.) D'Uccle
3.) Olandsk Dwarf
4.) Japanese Bantams
5.) Silkies

They well be staying the the chicken tractor I made so they need to be a small breed. I think the silkies may be too big for what I'm thinking. Though they are quite funny chickens to watch lol.
I like the D'Uccle in the pics I've seen but never saw any in person. Not 100% on how big they are either.
The Japanese are one I've always liked the looks of and the black molted are absolutely beautiful in my opinion.
The serama are definitely small enough and I like the variety that they come in. I'm not particularly fond of the frizzle ones but the standard ones are very attractive and they do have a silked version which is very interesting to me.
I know nothing about the olandsk dwarf but I think they are again a beautiful bantam and seem to be very uncommon.
I've had sebrights before and they are awesome. I would not mind having them again also.

All that said I'm just going to do ONE bantam breed. I can't do them all! (I tell myself this over and over again constantly lol)

Sorry to write a book here 😅

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well today. I apologise for being MIA. Been out on a date most of the day which was fun.

Back home now and momma henning lol

I have 20 standard breed chicks total and 15 quail total. I have them all moved out to the building outside instead of the house. Love them but not when they wake me up all night and the dust is horrible they create. Been there and done that before lol.

Now I have to build a quail pen and get that all ready for when they are ready to move out of the brooder. Have a few weeks though.

Also I'm debating on what bantam I'm going to try next. I still want to have some bantams to play with but since I had none of the Japanese make it I'm debating on whether I want to get more of them or another breed.

The ones I'm thinking about are the.
1.) Silver sebrights
2.) Serama
3.) D'Uccle
3.) Olandsk Dwarf
4.) Japanese Bantams
5.) Silkies

They well be staying the the chicken tractor I made so they need to be a small breed. I think the silkies may be too big for what I'm thinking. Though they are quite funny chickens to watch lol.
I like the D'Uccle in the pics I've seen but never saw any in person. Not 100% on how big they are either.
The Japanese are one I've always liked the looks of and the black molted are absolutely beautiful in my opinion.
The serama are definitely small enough and I like the variety that they come in. I'm not particularly fond of the frizzle ones but the standard ones are very attractive and they do have a silked version which is very interesting to me.
I know nothing about the olandsk dwarf but I think they are again a beautiful bantam and seem to be very uncommon.
I've had sebrights before and they are awesome. I would not mind having them again also.

All that said I'm just going to do ONE bantam breed. I can't do them all! (I tell myself this over and over again constantly lol)

Sorry to write a book here 😅

You had a good hatch on the standard and the quail. :highfive:

Of the bantam breeds listed I like the sebrights best followed very closely by the Japanese. Silkies aren't on my like list but it is what YOU like that counts here.

Of the breeds you listed Silkies are by far the largest birds.

OMG a date!! What's a date? Do you mean a day on the calendar or an honest to goodness real date with a person of the opposite sex? My last one was Feb.10, 2000 no joke. I asked if he was going to send me a valentine card and that "commitment" was just too much for him.
He was just a total "chicken sh--! all 6'7" of him. I am really sorry I fixed his "rudder" for him.
Hope he ran out of gas long before he got anywhere.

You had a good hatch on the standard and the quail. :highfive:

Of the bantam breeds listed I like the sebrights best followed very closely by the Japanese. Silkies aren't on my like list but it is what YOU like that counts here.

Of the breeds you listed Silkies are by far the largest birds.
Yep pretty good. :)
Screenshot_20200711-233911_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200711-233907_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200711-233916_Gallery.jpg

OMG a date!! What's a date? Do you mean a day on the calendar or an honest to goodness real date with a person of the opposite sex? My last one was Feb.10, 2000 no joke. I asked if he was going to send me a valentine card and that "commitment" was just too much for him.
He was just a total "chicken sh--! all 6'7" of him. I am really sorry I fixed his "rudder" for him.
Hope he ran out of gas long before he got anywhere.
Yes a date with a person of the opposite sex lol. I think actually dates are becoming a rare thing now. We are both 30 and she has a 4 year old son. We went to the Zoo lol. It was and I met her family this time. :)

Back
Top Bottom