You too Bob,hope you have a nice peaceful Sunday.:)

:frow Good morning Chicky, have a great day

You got a bunch of lucky ducks Henny, id kill to have a pool......
double murder to have somebody do water changes lol.
Yeah it is pretty neat to open up and see perky instead of birds that look like me in the morning.
I forgot to bury the poop board though so im shocked there was no mass panic.
Im either happy or worried don't know which just yet.
Good morning Chicky! Happy birds are a great thing to wake up to.
I changed the duck pool after dark last night. (I have a flood light over there) I have happy quackers splashing about this morning.

She is. Everyday seems better. Yesterday she actually had a four hour spell totally headache free. Yesterday marked 30 days since the stroke, normally stroke victims don't get a headache free spell for about six weeks.
Great news!:clap Best wishes from us here. Being at home again is the best therapy, I would guess. Chickens ought to be a prescription for reducing headaches, I like having coffee in the morning and watching them. Been a long time since I could watch chicken TV! Much better than the local AZ news.

Storms came through last night. 2 tenths of an inch of rain. This morning I found a Branch the size of my thigh came down on the e net. Spikes popped out of the ground and no damage that I seen.
I have a battery chainsaw that made it a 5 min job to cut it up...took longer to get the saw and walk down

Storms came through last night. 2 tenths of an inch of rain. This morning I found a Branch the size of my thigh came down on the e net. Spikes popped out of the ground and no damage that I seen.
I have a battery chainsaw that made it a 5 min job to cut it up...took longer to get the saw and walk down
And I just had a tick crawling on my forehead
:barnie :sick
I hate ticks. At least I felt it before it found a home

Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well today. I apologise for being MIA. Been out on a date most of the day which was fun.

Back home now and momma henning lol

I have 20 standard breed chicks total and 15 quail total. I have them all moved out to the building outside instead of the house. Love them but not when they wake me up all night and the dust is horrible they create. Been there and done that before lol.

Now I have to build a quail pen and get that all ready for when they are ready to move out of the brooder. Have a few weeks though.

Also I'm debating on what bantam I'm going to try next. I still want to have some bantams to play with but since I had none of the Japanese make it I'm debating on whether I want to get more of them or another breed.

The ones I'm thinking about are the.
1.) Silver sebrights
2.) Serama
3.) D'Uccle
3.) Olandsk Dwarf
4.) Japanese Bantams
5.) Silkies

They well be staying the the chicken tractor I made so they need to be a small breed. I think the silkies may be too big for what I'm thinking. Though they are quite funny chickens to watch lol.
I like the D'Uccle in the pics I've seen but never saw any in person. Not 100% on how big they are either.
The Japanese are one I've always liked the looks of and the black molted are absolutely beautiful in my opinion.
The serama are definitely small enough and I like the variety that they come in. I'm not particularly fond of the frizzle ones but the standard ones are very attractive and they do have a silked version which is very interesting to me.
I know nothing about the olandsk dwarf but I think they are again a beautiful bantam and seem to be very uncommon.
I've had sebrights before and they are awesome. I would not mind having them again also.

All that said I'm just going to do ONE bantam breed. I can't do them all! (I tell myself this over and over again constantly lol)

Sorry to write a book here 😅
I just got serama chicks so no real opinion on those other then they are adorable. I've always heard good things.

I've had D'Uccles and loved them. The little rooster was the sweetest. My girls where a bit flighty but calm once you had them. They reminded me of pet pigeons. LOL They were pretty good flyers.

Silkies I currently have. They are funny little birds. Sensitive to nutritional issues even once older. And not the smartest. Broody as all get out. I have 2 girls not even a year old who have already caught the broody bug. Calm and sweet though. Generally just as happy to be with you as other chickens.

Tell me about this chainsaw! I'm very intrigued. I can't stand the smell of oil mix fuel. Makes me sick. I have a battery weed eater that does pretty good. (I'm sure it would do better if some of my weeds weren't like small trees)
I borrowed an electric chainsaw but never used it. It was leaky and seemed more complicated to use. "Really pay attention to:::list things here:::"
I also would need a 200 foot plus extension cord. 🤦🏻‍♀️

She is. Everyday seems better. Yesterday she actually had a four hour spell totally headache free. Yesterday marked 30 days since the stroke, normally stroke victims don't get a headache free spell for about six weeks.
It took me about 2 months after my stroke before the migraines started easing up. Still get them more that I did before. I'm glad she is making such great progress!

Back
Top Bottom