just made the call, now to go catch the bird!

We are here for you Alex. :hugs

I wish supplies of stuff would get back to normal some things are crazy sparse still.
Stuff I normally buy is getting price gouged out the butt which is apparently fine now.:mad:

It is crazy weird how the shopping, stock, pricing is all playing out.

Hubs wants everything possible one can make with hamburger lately. He has to suck it up cause I ain't payin 5.65 a pound for the crappiest hamburger around.....let alone over $7 a pound for the halfway decent stuff. Not gonna happen. To get THOSE prices it is the bulk pack....5#+. Yeah.....no.

Oh I know! Here even the crap level stuff is out the roof too and it is thin to be had but plenty of the higher up.
Hubs eats a decent amount of pork roasts and those suckers are insane!
Not to mention something is up with bigger cuts at our store last 3 lb one he brought home looked fine but kid you not stank after one night in the fridge.
Alot of random box and bag stuff seems nearly or is stale and toilet paper is STILL bigfoot rare.
Something is whacker than advertised.
We are here for you Alex. :hugs

It is crazy weird how the shopping, stock, pricing is all playing out.

Hubs wants everything possible one can make with hamburger lately. He has to suck it up cause I ain't payin 5.65 a pound for the crappiest hamburger around.....let alone over $7 a pound for the halfway decent stuff. Not gonna happen. To get THOSE prices it is the bulk pack....5#+. Yeah.....no.

Oh and I couldn't take Renee's egg, she caught me in the box and gave me a look that I just couldn't
She's good lol!

Oh I know! Here even the crap level stuff is out the roof too and it is thin to be had but plenty of the higher up.
Hubs eats a decent amount of pork roasts and those suckers are insane!
Not to mention something is up with bigger cuts at our store last 3 lb one he brought home looked fine but kid you not stank after one night in the fridge.
Alot of random box and bag stuff seems nearly or is stale and toilet paper is STILL bigfoot rare.
Something is whacker than advertised.

Oh and I couldn't take Renee's egg, she caught me in the box and gave me a look that I just couldn't
She's good lol!

You can imagine where mentally it put me when hubs INSISTED we get rid of my gigantic deep freezer that could hold an entire steer AND a whole big hog with room to spare.......and his brand shiny new one crapped out after just 3 weeks. Yes just 3 weeks! My big ole workhorse was 20 years old and STILL WORKED!

THEY talk about food insecurity.....that has been my entire life! No food as a kid....food for my kids but not much for me as a single mom....now when we COULD afford food the world goes to tater!

Not kidding I am borderline INSANE without my giant freezer!
Repair guy coming tomorrow with a new part.
Trust level that it won't quit again.....zero.

You can imagine where mentally it put me when hubs INSISTED we get rid of my gigantic deep freezer that could hold an entire steer AND a whole big hog with room to spare.......and his brand shiny new one crapped out after just 3 weeks. Yes just 3 weeks! My big ole workhorse was 20 years old and STILL WORKED!

THEY talk about food insecurity.....that has been my entire life! No food as a kid....food for my kids but not much for me as a single mom....now when we COULD afford food the world goes to tater!

Not kidding I am borderline INSANE without my giant freezer!
Repair guy coming tomorrow with a new part.
Trust level that it won't quit again.....zero.
Food insecurity when growing up was not an issue for me, but I didn't understand why until I was older.... Steel strikes made buying food impossible and what the union provided wasn't anything substantial... We had a garden. Dad was an avid hunter and fisherman, but he'd go out early in the morning and often come home after dark. Long and short was he didn't come home until he had enough meat for the block. We would bird hunt on the weekends, but we couldn't leave until we had six pheasants. Quail, rabbit and squirrel were bonuses. Two pheasants went to the land owner who let us hunt. Then we'd go to the egg factory and four pheasants bought us two cases of eggs. Eggs got us other stuff we needed... You get the picture. He took me with him during the last strike... It's kind of crazy what we did for meat, but we always came home with at least 16 rabbits.

Oh yeah I get it Henny there isn't even a crappy deep freeze here not that it matters my hubs is too busy chasing job freedom and buying lawnmower parts to care much about the downward chow spiral.
I know without a shadow of a doubt without a garden and a steer now and then and our chickens I would have been a much thinner kid.
First boyfriend did not buy food he was just a complete waste of space.
Hubs poor dude was much more with it as a younger man he's jelly brained now which is unsettling, im accustomed to eating these days lol.:)

Last edited:
Food insecurity when growing up was not an issue for me, but I didn't understand why until I was older.... Steel strikes made buying food impossible and what the union provided wasn't anything substantial... We had a garden. Dad was an avid hunter and fisherman, but he'd go out early in the morning and often come home after dark. Long and short was he didn't come home until he had enough meat for the block. We would bird hunt on the weekends, but we couldn't leave until we had six pheasants. Quail, rabbit and squirrel were bonuses. Two pheasants went to the land owner who let us hunt. Then we'd go to the egg factory and four pheasants bought us two cases of eggs. Eggs got us other stuff we needed... You get the picture. He took me with him during the last strike... It's kind of crazy what we did for meat, but we always came home with at least 16 rabbits.

Your dad was awesome and resourceful.

Sorry I kind of vented up there.

Back
Top Bottom