Culling at any time in their life is never a good day. I’m afraid it may be the fate for Whoopsie. She is definitely crooked all down her right. I noticed her beak isn’t fully formed on that side too. I thought it was dirty with nutri drench but it is actually missing the very outside layer of beak.
She seems happy and mostly healthy. I’m going to keep trying. There has been enough death here lately.

All we can do is do our best. :hugs

Crookie....she is crooked on the right side too.

My first ever bird, Brown Leghorn I raised from day one, has been a part of my family for 3.5 years. Best. And smartest animal I ever knew. Well, she has lost her tail feathers, and her beautiful wing feathers too. Her comb is pale and droopy. She's not laying anymore. She eats and drinks just fine, but she has already molted 4 months ago! And I can tell by spending time with her, that something is wrong. Her name is Beetov-Hen, (she used to play a toy piano I bought for her) I would really hate to lose her, SHE'S MY BEST HEN
The closest Vet, for chickens, is two hours driving time. And in this heat, the trip would be worse on her than any cure she could get.

The closest Vet, for chickens, is two hours driving time. And in this heat, the trip would be worse on her than any cure she could get.

When did she last lay an egg?
I know she is not currently laying....just how long ago she last egged.....I worry she may be suffering reproductive issues.

Culling at any time in their life is never a good day. I’m afraid it may be the fate for Whoopsie. She is definitely crooked all down her right. I noticed her beak isn’t fully formed on that side too. I thought it was dirty with nutri drench but it is actually missing the very outside layer of beak.
She seems happy and mostly healthy. I’m going to keep trying. There has been enough death here lately.
Just Keep trying! I know what you are feeling!:fl

When did she last lay an egg?
I know she is not currently laying....just how long ago she last egged.....I worry she may be suffering reproductive issues.
Two weeks, one day, and I check her body for any sign of trouble. When I have had her this long, I can feel no egg bound situation.

Two weeks, one day, and I check her body for any sign of trouble. When I have had her this long, I can feel no egg bound situation.

I am wondering if she is internally laying. :(

Early stages with my Delaware was similar to what you describe. She was up and down in feed and appearance for a few months before she went downhill hard.

It could be any number of things with Beetov-Hen. So dang many things that are similar in looks, behavior and I am certainly not a vet.

It could even be the dadgum hot weather too.

I am wondering if she is internally laying. :(

Early stages with my Delaware was similar to what you describe. She was up and down in feed and appearance for a few months before she went downhill hard.

It could be any number of things with Beetov-Hen. So dang many things that are similar in looks, behavior and I am certainly not a vet.

It could even be the dadgum hot weather too.
Thank you, She's outside my porch (Covered in her dust bath) My roosters BEN and Jaffar, are standing very close by! I love all those birds!

Back
Top Bottom