I forgot what I was going to ask, in my defense hubs was going on about sandwich meat and I zoned out.
Anyways, do ya'll have any birds molting?
Lulu and Renee are nearly full tilt naked with big feather sheaths starting to pop out
Hot as it is nude is great but they're so early.
I was contemplating sweaters and putting granny panties on Lulu's shivering caboose last.year.
Yes, looks like a predator attacked with all the feathers

I forgot what I was going to ask, in my defense hubs was going on about sandwich meat and I zoned out.
Lulu and Renee are nearly full tilt naked with big feather sheaths starting to pop out
I was contemplating sweaters and putting granny panties on Lulu's shivering caboose last.year.

No molters here just yet. Poor Crooky goes naked all summer and looks like a pin cushion then feathers in nicely in the fall.
For her I think it's hat crooked body/beak is an indication of a genetic issue.

What % protein feed do you use? Since I started feeding 18% protein or higher I’ve not had any of my chickens have a hard molt.

It is 16%, kalmbach takes a mighty big price jump once it hits over that.
Im tempted to mix in some of the starter grower bought for the kids it is 23%.
Iv'e got 25lbs of it, nobody would starve.
What % protein feed do you use? Since I started feeding 18% protein or higher I’ve not had any of my chickens have a hard molt.

Yes!

So many I'd like to have. The next standard breed I would like to have are either lavender orpingtons, blue laced red wyandottes, or silver death layers.
I got Deathlayers from Greenfire Farms at auction and lost every single one. They had awful customer service too. Deathlayers don't mature to breeding till at least 2.

Oh! Duh! I never think of the simplest answer. Lol! Thanks :)
I would do a thick ziplock bag and a rolling pin. Thats how I crush egg shells.

I have some molters too. At first it was broodies raising kids so I thought hormones but now others have joined the "no tail feathers club"

I saw the comic @Redhead Rae shared but a little different...
110316490_10158801442091111_8563689763169080333_o.jpg
Then I made a womens version...
20200728_184559.jpg

Morning all. Bad storms this morning here.

Good morning Daniel :frow good day to relax inside

good morning all. Looks nice today, but storm is on its way up the coast
Good morning Cheepteach :frow have a great Monday

Good morning! I got four or five hours of sleep in a row .
I feel like a teenager lol.:)
Good morning Chicky :frow have a great Monday and 4 hours is not bad 🤔

Good morning!

Good morning Parront :frowenjoy your Monday

I got Deathlayers from Greenfire Farms at auction and lost every single one. They had awful customer service too. Deathlayers don't mature to breeding till at least 2.

I would do a thick ziplock bag and a rolling pin. Thats how I crush egg shells.

I have some molters too. At first it was broodies raising kids so I thought hormones but now others have joined the "no tail feathers club"

I saw the comic @Redhead Rae shared but a little different...
View attachment 2274663
Then I made a womens version...
View attachment 2274664

Good morning Nunny :frow have a great Monday

Yeah, birds moulting and some not laying. Hot as heck out there every danged day.

Good morning Cappy :frow have a great day!! I'm ready for Fall and cooler weather

Back
Top Bottom