Chicky, I love all the fun and the babies.

Parront, they can get a bit sassy, but then again they are very sweet too.
No more sass than any little cockerels! They are growing up fast. I like them a lot, they are very busy foraging in the grass and running -- then they all collapse into a big pile and sleep just like little chicks.

good morning all!
Good morning Cheepteach :frow enjoy your day

Well, good morning and AHHHHH!!!
Chicks aren't coming tomorrow they hopped the express train and they're here this morning.
Hubs went to get them.:eek:
Good morning Chicky :frow enjoy your day and those little chicks 😁

Awesome! Enjoy! Good morning everyone.
Good morning Cappy :frow Have a great Thursday

Good morning all. Hope you all have a good day.

Extra tired today. ☕😪
Good morning Daniel :frowhave a great Thursday

Good Morning everyone! Little Barred Holland boys are sure acting the part of little cockerels. Already chasing the pullets, & fighting each other some. ^ weeks old yesterday. The biggest one that I kept is about 1 1/4 pound. Did not like getting weighed very much!
Good morning Parront :frowhave a great Thursday

Here’s an odd question, maybe. My chickens aren’t due to start laying until sometime around Labor Day and I have people asking me for eggs already. Yay! But, I’ve been reading about all the things that can go wrong with an egg that you may not know until you open it. I don’t want to lose customers, and worse, have them tell people my eggs are no good. How often, and how likely are these issues? Is there something I can do to help prevent issues?
I try to hold back the first 6 or so eggs from new layers. I figure if issues would happen it would be those first eggs. Having birds that lay different colors helps determine which eggs though.

I just read the first few pages of your thread regarding treating wounds with sugar. Wow! I wish I healed that well, lol. Can you tell me how you made her apron? That stockinette stuff looks like a mans undershirt almost. I’ve never seen it before. I have seen tube gauze, but it doesn’t seem to be as sturdy as what you had.
Her apron was sturdy fabric I liked from Walmart. Like a canvas or upholstery fabric but not super thick. I've used old blue jeans or other fabric scraps. I found a pattern that I liked and tried it out. I like the cross strap or double strap style. I've only had one hen escape it.
Stockinette I get from a medical supply store. It comes in different widths and compression strengths. I use it for injuries on chickens and myself. Its great for holding a bandage in place on an arm or a leg. Over bending joints its super helpful. I'm allergic to medical tape so covering wounds for longer periods of time is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom