I was looking at an ozone machine, now it is looking better . . . I already have baking soda in the frig and under the sink. The girl just seemed to spray the smelly stuff all over the bath room and bedroom. We have a strict NO Smoking policy, and since we live right on the same lot, I hope that will not be a problem. It is a new thing for us to try, we have already fixed up the very dilapidated bunkhouse into a pretty good airbnb, so our equity in our house is increased, which is one reason we bought this place. Some fix-ups that we did without having to fix up while living in the house. Here, you can see it:Our bunkhouse
The more clicks, the better it ranks on airbnb's search, too.
Super cute!!! Love the history too. I want that fridge just bigger. 😆

I would get an air scrubber. You turn it on and let it run. Most have a timer. You could do it before you clean so the smells are gone and some do kills germs too. Ozonator for sure kills nasties. You're literally creating ozone. You can't be in there and use it but run it overnight and the whole place would be clean.

I would get an air scrubber. You turn it on and let it run. Most have a timer. You could do it before you clean so the smells are gone and some do kills germs too. Ozonator for sure kills nasties. You're literally creating ozone. You can't be in there and use it but run it overnight and the whole place would be clean.
I wait to clean anyway. This last couple were the only ones where we did not block out the week before someone else requested the dates. When they checked out on Sunday, I did not even go in to clean until Wednesday. That was the first people, and it was fine. We are just putting a toe into the water, and making sure that we are on the record as renting our Bunkhouse because the good deal we get in Prescott might go away! We want to be sure we are grandfathered-in under the very good rules that are in effect right now. We did not need a licence, permit or inspection of any kind since we live on the property. Lots of Arizona cities, like Scotsdale and Sedona, are trying to severely limit and tax to death the vacation rentals. Some city council people here also make those motions, so far without success.

I was looking at an ozone machine, now it is looking better . . . I already have baking soda in the frig and under the sink. The girl just seemed to spray the smelly stuff all over the bath room and bedroom. We have a strict NO Smoking policy, and since we live right on the same lot, I hope that will not be a problem. It is a new thing for us to try, we have already fixed up the very dilapidated bunkhouse into a pretty good airbnb, so our equity in our house is increased, which is one reason we bought this place. Some fix-ups that we did without having to fix up while living in the house. Here, you can see it:Our bunkhouse

You did a fantastic job with the place. I too love that fridge!

There is a bigger one, but it is only 12 cu ft. Still not very big!

Cute little place! Too bad we’ll have too many kids to visit you when they are old enough to appreciate going to the Grand Canyon.

I fear the sprayed perfume (aka oil) was to hide the smell of cigarette smoke. As long as you can clean it all is good. But many include a "cleaning fee" for smoking or other smells. You may want to consider that.

Cute little place! Too bad we’ll have too many kids to visit you when they are old enough to appreciate going to the Grand Canyon.
Our neighbor who is 75 said she used to baby-sit for the 4 kids that lived in this place in the 50's. Can you imagine? For good friends with little cute boys, an Indian Tee-Pee in the yard might be arraigned . . . there is an outside door to the bathroom the my husband really likes. For strangers, the limit has to be 3 and no kids, due to the creek.

I fear the sprayed perfume (aka oil) was to hide the smell of cigarette smoke. As long as you can clean it all is good. But many include a "cleaning fee" for smoking or other smells. You may want to consider that.
I do charge a cleaning fee, and and extra dog fee of $25.00. But I sure would like to have an easier way to get rid of smells! I washed every single thing. Learning did occur, not keeping all the extra towels in the bathroom of the bunkhouse any more!:rolleyes: It was OK, now the new people for this weekend have checked in with no problems. Huge sigh of relief. They seem nice, and just had their family pick them up, all were wearing masks. I wear a mask and stand out in the driveway to greet people. It is a strange new world.:confused: My mission is accomplished, we are on record as renting it out as a vacation rental. And, looks like we will be making ~$800/month, as long as the weather stays hot in Phoenix.

Our neighbor who is 75 said she used to baby-sit for the 4 kids that lived in this place in the 50's. Can you imagine? For good friends with little cute boys, an Indian Tee-Pee in the yard might be arraigned . . . there is an outside door to the bathroom the my husband really likes. For strangers, the limit has to be 3 and no kids, due to the creek.
Ok! We’ll keep that in mind! We usually pack a cot for Thing 1 and a porta-crib for Thing 2 to sleep on. We also have camping pads that could be used as well. My husband hasn’t seen the Grand Canyon either and I’d love to show it to him and the kids. We were out there in 2000. It was amazing! I was 14.

Back
Top Bottom