And around here a pallet is $3-5
Very rare to find free ones

I know right. These were NICE pallets too with true 1x4's and made of oak. Just does no good to have them if time constraints never give me time to break them down.

BEAUTIFUL birds Daniel!

Too bad, I have been getting a few free pallets, and not seem that good!

They still got used......just not by me. By the time my son and I got them unloaded there was a guy putting them in his truck. I do wish I had time for my want to stuff not just the have to stuff.

We need some more photos, right? ;)
I have been moving the coop with the Barred Hollands once a week, they are getting bigger and need to move more often pretty soon!
IMG_4914.JPG
IMG_4861.JPG
Fresh grass! Not that interested in the feeder with new grass. IMG_4858.JPG
With the electric fence, I am using a light weight poultry wire. Cheaper, and coated with vinyl. The frame is from chain link fencing. I put some hatchery chicks out there to test it for a couple of weeks to see if anything came to eat them. They did fine so the Hollands followed a couple of weeks later. They got along OK, a little chasing but no blood! IMG_4877.JPG
You can really see the difference between the cockerels & hens.

We need some more photos, right? ;)
I have been moving the coop with the Barred Hollands once a week, they are getting bigger and need to move more often pretty soon!View attachment 2282294View attachment 2282295
Fresh grass! Not that interested in the feeder with new grass.View attachment 2282296
With the electric fence, I am using a light weight poultry wire. Cheaper, and coated with vinyl. The frame is from chain link fencing. I put some hatchery chicks out there to test it for a couple of weeks to see if anything came to eat them. They did fine so the Hollands followed a couple of weeks later. They got along OK, a little chasing but no blood!View attachment 2282329
You can really see the difference between the cockerels & hens.

Looks like they are enjoying all that fresh grass. 💕

Electrical work is done. After having intruders in the coops and runs most of the day the ducks deserved some fun. I ran the hose in there and made a nice puddle to play in.
It is to hot to go anywhere so tomorrow I will go find fruits and greens for the birds. I have to be at the store for human stuff anyway.

Looks like they are enjoying all that fresh grass. 💕

Electrical work is done. After having intruders in the coops and runs most of the day the ducks deserved some fun. I ran the hose in there and made a nice puddle to play in.
It is to hot to go anywhere so tomorrow I will go find fruits and greens for the birds. I have to be at the store for human stuff anyway.
I am wanting some ducks. Put an order in to Sandhill Preservation in Jan for a Sept special of mixed breeds. I am trying to get some green to grow for them in the place I want them, but no rain and limited well water to the area = lots of brown. Probably good for puddles, though.:)

I am wanting some ducks. Put an order in to Sandhill Preservation in Jan for a Sept special of mixed breeds. I am trying to get some green to grow for them in the place I want them, but no rain and limited well water to the area = lots of brown. Probably good for puddles, though.:)

Mine are 100% contained in a permanent run so no green there unless chickens got red cabbage. 🤢
Way to many hawks here to let them out.....I bet they would love a sprinkler though.

Back
Top Bottom