Morning everybody :frow
When should I start putting in my nest boxes? I’m thinking they’re due to start around Labor Day. According to everything I’vee been reading though it might be a lot longer. Their combs are small and pale, no squatting behavior, etc. I did notice my little Melba’s, buff orpington, comb and wattles turned very red after she jumped on my lap and went pale as soon as she jumped down. Thoughts?

You are reading my mind! but my tiny little imagination was starting with this:
https://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-mesh-deck-steel-wagon-60359.html?_br_psugg_q=garden+wagon
And adding some wire over conduit hoops, with a painter's canvas drop cloth top. This is very cool! Just not THAT ($7,000) cool. :hmm
I should’ve thought of that. Lol! I used pallets and put 8” pneumatic casters on it and a handle meant for a furniture dolly. It moved at first, but we quickly realized it was too heavy and unwieldy to keep moving it around :hit

Morning everybody :frow
When should I start putting in my nest boxes? I’m thinking they’re due to start around Labor Day. According to everything I’vee been reading though it might be a lot longer. Their combs are small and pale, no squatting behavior, etc. I did notice my little Melba’s, buff orpington, comb and wattles turned very red after she jumped on my lap and went pale as soon as she jumped down. Thoughts?
Melba wants to lay you an egg and be your girl-friend! :lol: As days get shorter, they take longer to mature.

Back
Top Bottom