Good morning everybody :frow
I’m up to 4 little buggers plus one having a hard time getting out. It was still peeping and moving so I “helped” it. I hope. I took off some shell and membrane and put it back in to finish on its own.
I had one trying fly! It actually got some air :lau

Good morning Fishy :frow have a great day

Yay!! More babies ❤ wow, trying to fly already! Someone is in a hurry 😅

Well, that was a disaster. I put the chicks in the hamster cage I’ve used as a brooder a couple times before, but with slightly older chicks. They seemed to really go after the heat lamp so I moved it closer. Maybe a little too close because it started to melt the feeder bubble. All the while one of the cats was trying a little too hard to get to them. One of the chcks was honestly trying to peck her paws! Hilarious :lau :love Then the dog got tangled in the hear lamp cord.
I just put them back in the incubator with some water for now.
What are anyone’s thoughts on using a ten gallon tank with a reptile (screened) lid?
I should add: the water dish is a coke bottle top.

Last edited:
I would find a big tote, fashion a lid of wire and keep it where other pets and kids cannot have free access.

The heat lamp getting tangled is terrifying to me.

Maybe throw something like my small brooder together.....
IMG_20200331_112828.jpg

The heat lamp is hung by chain from a board screwed to the end of the brooder.

I would find a big tote, fashion a lid of wire and keep it where other pets and kids cannot have free access.

The heat lamp getting tangled is terrifying to me.

Maybe throw something like my small brooder together.....
View attachment 2344395

The heat lamp is hung by chain from a board screwed to the end of the brooder.
I really should put together something more permanent i just wasnt expecting a need after the girls went outside. They were in a pool in my kitchen, so I was looking forward to it. :)

Well, that was a disaster. I put the chicks in the hamster cage I’ve used as a brooder a couple times before, but with slightly older chicks. They seemed to really go after the heat lamp so I moved it closer. Maybe a little too close because it started to melt the feeder bubble. All the while one of the cats was trying a little too hard to get to them. One of the chcks was honestly trying to peck her paws! Hilarious :lau :love Then the dog got tangled in the hear lamp cord.
I just put them back in the incubator with some water for now.
What are anyone’s thoughts on using a ten gallon tank with a reptile (screened) lid?
I should add: the water dish is a coke bottle top.
10 gallon Seems awfully small . They need to be able to move toward and away from the heat source. I use plastic storage bins. Cut out part of the lid and install hardware cloth. You can sit the heat lamp on top, or hang it from the wire inside. I just use like a 40 watt bulb in the house.

Back
Top Bottom