:caf Omg, im not smart sometimes.
Littles are trained to come to a paper plate, it means dinner.
I just lost a magnificent cheese, tomato and spinach sandwich to the herd.
Paper plate also did not make it out alive.
In other news the mail is incredibly late.
I bet they fought over it and forgot to thank you

Oh delicious!
Lightly toasted, thin sparse red onion a splash of Italian dressing very light mayo.
It is a masterpiece.

Sounds like a really good sandwich though.

You would be correct, not one "peep" of gratitude.
Insult to injury the remake had to reside on a paper towel savages got the last paper plate.
I bet they fought over it and forgot to thank you

Sorry for the sandwich theft @Chickassan. It sounds like it was very tasty though.

I managed to clean the duck house with zero freak outs.....curious ducks glancing in through the pop door but no crazed quacking.

The hen house.....not so much. All was well until I reached in to try and grab the dish pan in the nest box. Turns out it was occupied. Robin did not take kindly to my fingers that close. She gave me quite the pinch.

Robin got a little taste of the cleaning lady!
Pretty rude, and painful!
I sympathise, Hobo bit my nip yesterday during toenail cutting.
Didn't hurt her, she's molting and im fortunate she let me live lol! :)
Sorry for the sandwich theft @Chickassan. It sounds like it was very tasty though.

I managed to clean the duck house with zero freak outs.....curious ducks glancing in through the pop door but no crazed quacking.

The hen house.....not so much. All was well until I reached in to try and grab the dish pan in the nest box. Turns out it was occupied. Robin did not take kindly to my fingers that close. She gave me quite the pinch.

Robin got a little taste of the cleaning lady!
Pretty rude, and painful!
I sympathise, Hobo bit my nip yesterday during toenail cutting.
Didn't hurt her, she's molting and im fortunate she let me live lol! :)

She had to have been in there at least an hour! I waited and waited for her to vacate that box. I never even saw her sneak in. It was certainly a surprise bite lol.
Not nearly as shocking as your Hobo bite for sure. :eek:

I do need to do the monthly nail trim on everyone in that coop too. I have been putting it off due to so many molting. I try very hard not to handle them during molt.

Yesterday my neighbor brought me 2 of the yard waste carts full of chopped compressed leaves for the pens! It made a nice 6" deep layer once fluffed in every pen! It is nice cause I can simply refluff it once a day and it stays dry. He is a nutter! I handed him 18 duck eggs and he handed me a ham he smoked from the pig he bought. I am thinking he overpaid but ain't sayin a word!

My young helpers have really helped progress the chores I need to get done. Lots of poo got shoveled while they were here!
Oldest grandchild got to learn to drive the Mule.
20201019_161909.jpg

I try not to handle molters myself.
She fooled me, didn't know until I put her sorta on her tush she was molting.
By that time id done made a whoopsie and knew she would repay my stupidity..
She grows one twisty, witchy nail that flops the toe sideways unless kept super short.
Dutch is molting too, so i assumed the barred feather massacre everywhere was her.......nope.
And so she purple nurpled my unobservent butt. :)
She had to have been in there at least an hour! I waited and waited for her to vacate that box. I never even saw her sneak in. It was certainly a surprise bite lol.
Not nearly as shocking as your Hobo bite for sure. :eek:

I do need to do the monthly nail trim on everyone in that coop too. I have been putting it off due to so many molting. I try very hard not to handle them during molt.

Yesterday my neighbor brought me 2 of the yard waste carts full of chopped compressed leaves for the pens! It made a nice 6" deep layer once fluffed in every pen! It is nice cause I can simply refluff it once a day and it stays dry. He is a nutter! I handed him 18 duck eggs and he handed me a ham he smoked from the pig he bought. I am thinking he overpaid but ain't sayin a word!

Back
Top Bottom