Perched with everyone else. 2x4 flat. Free ranging and a couple of siblings disappeared. I assumed redtail.

But I think that was it, just not sure how
Mine all crowd together on the roost at night. There is a definite order, some are always on one end, others get the middle. I wonder if that could do it. They are tight together, there is always room at the ends. Low rank bird gets the cold end?

Mine all crowd together on the roost at night. There is a definite order, some are always on one end, others get the middle. I wonder if that could do it. They are tight together, there is always room at the ends. Low rank bird gets the cold end?
Could be.
2 eight ft roosts, the cockerels were on the lower roost most of the time.

When I raised the CX, they were much younger when processed. Never saw one like that, they never roosted, too big. I can not think it was inherited, that guy was certainly not inbred!
I try for 16 weeks...5 to 7 lbs for a plucked whole bird. At 7 months skinless legs and boneless breasts was 4 and half lbs
This was the first year with the dark Cornish roo. He had trouble figuring out mating and only had a few from the first hatches. These were supposed to be harvested around Thanksgiving, but I was not well and Feb was cold and snow.
Ground still frozen and snow ice where I would have the plucker. Now it's 45 to 60 and I am playing catch-up. Still don't have a lot of energy.
Except for the dark Cornish rooster, 2 br hens and 2 bjg hens, everyone has a common mix roo in the lineage.

@Redhead Rae looks like Frank is ill
Screenshot_20210306-075906.png

Back
Top Bottom