Good afternoon everyone!

Thing 1 said something pretty fricken hilarious earlier today. DH was holding the Milk Drinker while I was taking a bath. He woke up and after a few minutes started crying. Thing 1 was trying to cheer him up by making faces at him. When that didn't work, he said "Poor [Milk Drinker's name], do you want a nipple? You can have my nipple if you want!" and he pulled up his shirt to offer it. :gig:lau:gig:lau:gig

@Kiki
The final count from that section of strawberries is 82 plants. I dare say I have at least 400 plants in that bed. Thinning is definitely in order.

I potted up all but 4 of the ones I dug up. I kept 5 mother plants. The rest are daughter plants so should produce well if they take off growing in the greenhouse.
I've heard of people thinning out their strawberry beds and selling the plants bare root or with a bit of dirt on them for a buck or two a piece on FB.

Good afternoon everyone!

Thing 1 said something pretty fricken hilarious earlier today. DH was holding the Milk Drinker while I was taking a bath. He woke up and after a few minutes started crying. Thing 1 was trying to cheer him up by making faces at him. When that didn't work, he said "Poor [Milk Drinker's name], do you want a nipple? You can have my nipple if you want!" and he pulled up his shirt to offer it. :gig:lau:gig:lau:gig

@Kiki

I've heard of people thinning out their strawberry beds and selling the plants bare root or with a bit of dirt on them for a buck or two a piece on FB.

Oh dear! The things kids say! :lau

I will try selling the extra strawberry plants.

Thing is here that the greenhouse I got my originals at it's only $3 for a dozen bare roots.
If they don't sell I guess I will be making jam after I gutter them up lol.

Good morning folks :frow

Maybe I need to make a "gutter berry wall". I have some plastic gutters we took off the big coop when we roofed the run. If I built a frame to hold them I could, in theory, plant a bunch in them. Thinking a vertical thing.....

I had a vertical hydroponic garden in VA. I didn't bring it with me to TN. I like the gutter gardens better.

Good morning everyone :frow Have a great Tuesday

Good morning Sue. Have a great day.
It's going to be a busy day here but I will do my best.
Good morning folks :frow

I had a vertical hydroponic garden in VA. I didn't bring it with me to TN. I like the gutter gardens better.

Good morning Bob.

Water in my dry climate will be the real struggle. I think I have a soaker hose but maybe a drip tape would be better. I will see what I can do to make it so I can just hook a hose up and get it all watered.

Good morning Sue. Have a great day.
It's going to be a busy day here but I will do my best.

Good morning Bob.

Water in my dry climate will be the real struggle. I think I have a soaker hose but maybe a drip tape would be better. I will see what I can do to make it so I can just hook a hose up and get it all watered.

Little busy here as I have therapy today and a few other errands while we are out.

Back
Top Bottom