Good morning all.
Sunny ☀️ and 36

Caught another big male raccoon, makes 25 in less than a year.

GG spent the night on the foot of the bed. She seems to be adjusting well. Her food was dumped again, I wonder if there's a mouse in the house she is after. I keep moving it. I guess I will pickup before I go out to lockup
Wow! 25! That sounds like a lot. Do you save the bones like some on here do?
Our dog started dumping her food on a regular basis. I honestly dont know why we put her food in the bowl at all. 🤣🤣
Good morning everyone.

I am glad GG is adjusting well. She seems like a sweet dog. She is lucky to have landed with you @Molpet.

Hubs has had his fill of the folks in Mississippi behaving badly. He flies home tomorrow instead of Thursday. It's such a shame none of them were as he had hoped. It will be good to have him home.
I really hate that. Someone died, have some respect. When my grabdparents died I found out that the executor had changed from a trustworthy son to the worst one. Cant imagine how that happened 🤬. Needless to say I was no longer receiving anything. When our dad died, our grandparents took my sister and I to their lawyers office to have us receive his share of everything. Thats how I knew the executor was changed. I have no idea if my sister was also swindled, but likely. I decided that if the money was that important to him, he could keep it.

Good morning everybody :frow
1618583423200.png

Wow! 25! That sounds like a lot. Do you save the bones like some on here do?
Our dog started dumping her food on a regular basis. I honestly dont know why we put her food in the bowl at all. 🤣🤣

I really hate that. Someone died, have some respect. When my grabdparents died I found out that the executor had changed from a trustworthy son to the worst one. Cant imagine how that happened 🤬. Needless to say I was no longer receiving anything. When our dad died, our grandparents took my sister and I to their lawyers office to have us receive his share of everything. Thats how I knew the executor was changed. I have no idea if my sister was also swindled, but likely. I decided that if the money was that important to him, he could keep it.
:frow Good morning Fishy, have a great day... We have similar attitudes. Unfortunately, been there done that and got the T-shirt.

Ya know.....it is DEFINITELY not about the $ or the stuff. Hubs was hoping to hear good stories from them about happier times. They are all focused on his stuff. There isn't anything of value, there is no $. They all knew that so why can't they just act like civil human beings and be supportive of each other?

It is very sad.

Ya know.....it is DEFINITELY not about the $ or the stuff. Hubs was hoping to hear good stories from them about happier times. They are all focused on his stuff. There isn't anything of value, there is no $. They all knew that so why can't they just act like civil human beings and be supportive of each other?

It is very sad.
Very sad indeed. Some people show grief in a really strange way, but it's crazy if that's what it is. Probably not, just jerks

Very sad indeed. Some people show grief in a really strange way, but it's crazy if that's what it is. Probably not, just jerks

Yeah it's just such an added downer.

This afternoon they are headed to dads house as a big ole group. That's gonna be awful.
I mentioned to hubs that there were a couple pics on the wall of him and his sons mom. I think those should go to his son.
That's really all that hubs needs to tend to.

The sun came out here. Last nights snow is melting. I think I may run to the store. It will be nice if hubs comes home to a favorite meal of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and some homemade strawberry shortcake.

Yeah it's just such an added downer.

This afternoon they are headed to dads house as a big ole group. That's gonna be awful.
I mentioned to hubs that there were a couple pics on the wall of him and his sons mom. I think those should go to his son.
That's really all that hubs needs to tend to.

The sun came out here. Last nights snow is melting. I think I may run to the store. It will be nice if hubs comes home to a favorite meal of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and some homemade strawberry shortcake.
as a young teenager, we had my grandfather live with us after grandma died. He couldn't take care of the house himself after having a stroke. His son and other 3 daughters rarely came over, or offered help to my mom and dad. When he passed they all found the time to come over to "help" clear out his bedroom. (looking for treasures---asking where this or that was) My mother was really upset, and my dad spoke up for her and asked her what she'd like as remembrance of her father. She picked the small brass bell he had at his bedside. He used it to call for us to come help him. She said our family had all remembrances they needed from spending time with him. I keep that story in my heart and have remembered it throughout taking care of my own and hubby's parents.Hopefully our children have learned by example as well

as a young teenager, we had my grandfather live with us after grandma died. He couldn't take care of the house himself after having a stroke. His son and other 3 daughters rarely came over, or offered help to my mom and dad. When he passed they all found the time to come over to "help" clear out his bedroom. (looking for treasures---asking where this or that was) My mother was really upset, and my dad spoke up for her and asked her what she'd like as remembrance of her father. She picked the small brass bell he had at his bedside. He used it to call for us to come help him. She said our family had all remembrances they needed from spending time with him. I keep that story in my heart and have remembered it throughout taking care of my own and hubby's parents.Hopefully our children have learned by example as well

Unfortunately that sort of thing seems more common than not.

I take comfort in knowing both our youngest kids (blended family here) are doing what they can to help him through all this. Hubs son drove up from Florida to be supportive of his pops and mine has been in daily contact with him by phone.
They both know it's not about stuff it's about an end to shared time together.

It certainly doesn't help hubs mood that it has poured rain non stop down there. Dreary weather in a depressing time just stinks.

Back
Top Bottom