Lol, it isn't a hard bite more of a mouthing of arm skin that she isn't used to having in reach.
That little crossbeak is what makes it seem worse.
She isn't tearing my arm off or anything.

So reverse football makes things worse.....

I think I would just deal with regularly pooping when picked up instead of adding a bite to that joy. :hmm

It is Homer, so worse roughly translates to slightly more wonky.
She's just so ...you know.
She's not malicious ever, those bites are just something she wanted to do.
But yeah, the thing is because she is wonky she'd always want to.
I'm with you on poop is slightly better than chewy arm.
I swear she's like a flipping puppy :lau
I've already got to watch her she is like the ninja master of pecking you in the mouth.
If I'm ever like Homer height out there she's got to go.
I distract her with food if not omg lol!
So reverse football makes things worse.....

I think I would just deal with regularly pooping when picked up instead of adding a bite to that joy. :hmm

Last edited:
Ok, this is one of those questions that I apologise for before I ask it.
Im so sorry.
But have any of you had a chicken poop pretty much everytime you pick it up.
Im talking loose football not you owe me money tightness on the grip.
Asking for a freind.....🌈
Birds can poop at will! Dylan the African Grey poops every day in the morning when I take her to the toilet. She poops during the day to get a treat, it is a game for her. I say, "Go poop", she poops, she gets a sunflower seed. I know that chickens are very smart too, I just have never tried to potty train one. I have watched broody chickens get out of the nest and poop a whole day's worth, they have been holding it so as not to foul up the nest. Tell her "Good bird" give her her a treat, when she poops where you want her to! Hold her over some compost, what ever! First, they associate the word POOP with the treat when they poo, then eventually you have trained your bird to poo on command!:thumbsup

It is Homer, so worse roughly translates to slightly more wonky.
She's just so ...you know.
She's not malicious ever, those bites are just something she wanted to do.
But yeah, the thing is because she is wonky she'd always want to.
I'm with you on poop is slightly better than chewy arm.
I swear she's like a flipping puppy :lau
I've already got to watch her she is like the ninja master of pecking you in the mouth.
If I'm ever like Homer height out there she's got to go.
I distract her with food if not omg lol!

Homers uniqueness makes her extra lovable. Wonky works for her pretty well.

SUE!!! Wishing you a great birthday....and CAKE!

download (1).jpeg

Good morning!
Raining again, shocking I know lol!
I needed to cut the grass like last year, eventually I'm just going to have to bale it up since I'm growing a hay field at this point.
I might end up biting the bullet and using that killer mower I'm not fond of and mowing all the places I've been told not to mow with it.
Yeah, I'm not trying to preserve that monster but it needs to serve a purpose at least a few times.

Oh I know, I've had a few cockatiels that would poop on a paper towel.:)
Birds can poop at will! Dylan the African Grey poops every day in the morning when I take her to the toilet. She poops during the day to get a treat, it is a game for her. I say, "Go poop", she poops, she gets a sunflower seed. I know that chickens are very smart too, I just have never tried to potty train one. I have watched broody chickens get out of the nest and poop a whole day's worth, they have been holding it so as not to foul up the nest. Tell her "Good bird" give her her a treat, when she poops where you want her to! Hold her over some compost, what ever! First, they associate the word POOP with the treat when they poo, then eventually you have trained your bird to poo on command!:thumbsup
Wonky is certainly the most politically correct term for her no doubt about that.
Doesn't hurt that she bothers hubs just being herself.
The noise she makes blows his mind, I've literally seen him try to make sense of it and he can't.
Never thought I'd enjoy a honking chicken, but oh yeah I sure do.🤣

Homers uniqueness makes her extra lovable. Wonky works for her pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom