Hi everybody :frow

Thank you for the recommendations of silvadeen? Dang, I forgot the name, but I will definitely try to get some to keep in my first aid kit. I tried typing this yesterday but i couldnt, literally. It kept deleting instead of typing 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m surprised i got anything posted 🤣

I actually left the house by myself and went to a “party” yesterday :eek: It was a coworkers retirement get together, but I get SO anxious over going places, especially other peoples houses that i end up not going. It was fun to see other retirees again and just to be somewhere else for a little bit.
The funny thing is, this was at a house that really stands out to nearly everybody that drives by and they all, me included, wonder who lives there 🤣🤣. Its a very old house that is very well taken care of and just catches your eye for some reason.

Uh, Barb is brooding a walnut nothing good will come of this.💣
20210731_205756.jpg

I had a day….
Local friend with health issues and a farm says she has more lettuce than she knows what to do with and just having surgery she can’t really bend down to harvest it. So I message her and say I’m running into work for a bit but I’ll be glad to come over and harvest.
I get 3 grocery bags stuffed with lettuce. I ask her what else needs done and she laughs and we visit a bit. She has a blue heeler like I do and we are talking about the dogs. I tell her how I got mine after I opened my big mouth. Dog mom was young and I said she won’t have many puppies. My girl was 1 of 9! I then used my skills again on the friend I got my dog from. She is pregnant and when I ask what they are hoping for she says maybe a boy then they could have girl after that. “Or just have twins and get one of each.” Well she had twins, 2 girls. 🤷🏻‍♀️
So friend with lettuce has a very pregnant goat. I joke and tell her I’ll go work my magic and tell the goat to have those babies! I visit with the goat and then go back to my friend. We talk some more then her husband brings up a chicken with a swollen face. Poor thing looks like it has a boil by its eye. She looks at me and says “What are we gonna do?” I laugh and we gather supplies. Make a small incision and clean all sorts of nasty out of her face. Friend is gagging and telling me “You’re so gross, I love you.” :::more gagging noises::: We get the hen cleaned up. Talk meds as I wash up.
She gets on her phone to check the camera in the goat stall. Mom is laying down and licking her back end. I head for the barn! Her husband comes up behind me at a jog. “We have a baby!”
All three of us get to the barn and my friend goes into the stall. There are 2 babies. One is unresponsive laying directly under the other kid. She gives her husband some orders and he’s off. Then looks at me and says “Get my phone, call Kerry Goats.” I jump in and make the call. Technical issues require a second attempt and I’m relaying information as we try to get the baby to breathe. Kerry says she’s on her way as goat mom shows signs of another kid. Husband is off again as we encourage mom to push. We see the bag and 1 front leg, not both. She’s pushing but the baby isn’t coming out. My friend says mom needs help getting the baby out. She tries to pull and says ”I can’t do it.” I’m not sure if she means mentally or physically so I get behind momma goat and grab the baby. Work my hands around the neck of the baby and get the widest part of the head by the ears out. The second leg is going back not Superman style flying. So momma pushes and I pull. I delivered a goat! A little girl. Unfortunately the first kid didn’t make it. Not sure if it was stillborn or if something happened. But from when I had the talk with momma goat and all 3 babies were out it was about hour and a half. That’s a super quick labor and delivery.
Kerry Goats (not her last name. I’m Kimberly Chickens) gets there and we all sit with momma and babies. Get them to nurse and of course snuggle them.
So just a normal Saturday… a little work, a little gardening, some minor chicken surgery and a goat delivery. 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Holy crap Kimberly Chickens you sure can pick freaking lettuce!
Lol, goat birthing is a trip isn't it? :)
I had a day….
Local friend with health issues and a farm says she has more lettuce than she knows what to do with and just having surgery she can’t really bend down to harvest it. So I message her and say I’m running into work for a bit but I’ll be glad to come over and harvest.
I get 3 grocery bags stuffed with lettuce. I ask her what else needs done and she laughs and we visit a bit. She has a blue heeler like I do and we are talking about the dogs. I tell her how I got mine after I opened my big mouth. Dog mom was young and I said she won’t have many puppies. My girl was 1 of 9! I then used my skills again on the friend I got my dog from. She is pregnant and when I ask what they are hoping for she says maybe a boy then they could have girl after that. “Or just have twins and get one of each.” Well she had twins, 2 girls. 🤷🏻‍♀️
So friend with lettuce has a very pregnant goat. I joke and tell her I’ll go work my magic and tell the goat to have those babies! I visit with the goat and then go back to my friend. We talk some more then her husband brings up a chicken with a swollen face. Poor thing looks like it has a boil by its eye. She looks at me and says “What are we gonna do?” I laugh and we gather supplies. Make a small incision and clean all sorts of nasty out of her face. Friend is gagging and telling me “You’re so gross, I love you.” :::more gagging noises::: We get the hen cleaned up. Talk meds as I wash up.
She gets on her phone to check the camera in the goat stall. Mom is laying down and licking her back end. I head for the barn! Her husband comes up behind me at a jog. “We have a baby!”
All three of us get to the barn and my friend goes into the stall. There are 2 babies. One is unresponsive laying directly under the other kid. She gives her husband some orders and he’s off. Then looks at me and says “Get my phone, call Kerry Goats.” I jump in and make the call. Technical issues require a second attempt and I’m relaying information as we try to get the baby to breathe. Kerry says she’s on her way as goat mom shows signs of another kid. Husband is off again as we encourage mom to push. We see the bag and 1 front leg, not both. She’s pushing but the baby isn’t coming out. My friend says mom needs help getting the baby out. She tries to pull and says ”I can’t do it.” I’m not sure if she means mentally or physically so I get behind momma goat and grab the baby. Work my hands around the neck of the baby and get the widest part of the head by the ears out. The second leg is going back not Superman style flying. So momma pushes and I pull. I delivered a goat! A little girl. Unfortunately the first kid didn’t make it. Not sure if it was stillborn or if something happened. But from when I had the talk with momma goat and all 3 babies were out it was about hour and a half. That’s a super quick labor and delivery.
Kerry Goats (not her last name. I’m Kimberly Chickens) gets there and we all sit with momma and babies. Get them to nurse and of course snuggle them.
So just a normal Saturday… a little work, a little gardening, some minor chicken surgery and a goat delivery. 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

I had a day….

What an amazingly weird but productive day!!

Congratulations on all of it. Not that many people left who not only could but would help out with all that. You are amazing! 💛 <<heart of gold.

Hi folks! Long time no see. What have I missed?

I’ve been busy with work and boys.

Thing 2 turned 2 at the end of June and Thing 1 turned 5 a month ago. The Milk Drinker is now 4.5 months and rolling all over the place I expect him to start trying to crawl soon. View attachment 2781429View attachment 2781430View attachment 2781431View attachment 2781432View attachment 2781433View attachment 2781434View attachment 2781435View attachment 2781436View attachment 2781437View attachment 2781438View attachment 2781439View attachment 2781440View attachment 2781441

@Kiki

They grow so fast!!

:woot For the birthdays!

Good morning everyone :frow

I had a day….
What a crazy and amazing day you had 😯💞

Thing 2 turned 2 at the end of June and Thing 1 turned 5 a month ago. The Milk Drinker is now 4.5 months and rolling all over the place I expect him to start trying to crawl soon. View attachment 2781429View attachment 2781430View attachment 2781431View attachment 2781432View attachment 2781433View attachment 2781434View attachment 2781435View attachment 2781436View attachment 2781437View attachment 2781438View attachment 2781439View attachment 2781440View attachment 2781441

@Kiki
They are getting so big 💗 great that all is going well with your family .

Good morning folks :frow

I had a day….
What an amazing day you had. You're a wonderful person!

@Kiki
:frow Good morning Rae, have a great day... They're growing so fast.
They grow so fast!!

:woot For the birthdays!
:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day

Back
Top Bottom