20211019_151933.jpg

Yea I got a roof on the run! It's all hardware cloth all the way around but I wanted them to hopefully go outside a little once the snow starts.

@21hens-incharge You are the shade cloth user? For the dog area? Does is stop snow from blowing in.

I used a left over piece of ondura roofing from the big coop for the part closest to the coop. Then did clear over the other half. I wanted them dry but wanted a little shade too. From the picture you can tell it's lacking in shade. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So I was thinking shade cloth along the outside would stop the snow and the sun but allow the run to breathe. I could get more of the clear roof panels...

I did find out I can fit 8ft long pieces of roofing in my Kia Soul.
received_484161899279147.jpeg

I put a feed bag down to protect the dash. I had to pull the passenger seat all the way forward, remove the headrest, the lean the seat all the way back. But it fit! I definitely got some weird looks in the parking lot.

View attachment 2871378
Yea I got a roof on the run! It's all hardware cloth all the way around but I wanted them to hopefully go outside a little once the snow starts.

@21hens-incharge You are the shade cloth user? For the dog area? Does is stop snow from blowing in.

I used a left over piece of ondura roofing from the big coop for the part closest to the coop. Then did clear over the other half. I wanted them dry but wanted a little shade too. From the picture you can tell it's lacking in shade. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So I was thinking shade cloth along the outside would stop the snow and the sun but allow the run to breathe. I could get more of the clear roof panels...

I did find out I can fit 8ft long pieces of roofing in my Kia Soul. View attachment 2871381
I put a feed bag down to protect the dash. I had to pull the passenger seat all the way forward, remove the headrest, the lean the seat all the way back. But it fit! I definitely got some weird looks in the parking lot.

Creative thinking!! I like it!

Shade cloth won't stop blowing rain or snow. It definitely slows it down a lot but if it's whipping wind it will make it in. By the way....shade cloth does not catch the wind like tarps or solid plastics.

If it is on a roof area it definitely catches way to much snow.

In other news my neighbor won’t give it up. He has now mailed me a letter and stated I stay off his property.
So he is getting his own letter mailed that he has to sign for. Very short and to the point.
Get the wood pile off my property or I will hire someone and send you the bill. And feel free to hire a surveyor.

Again blaming me for the stress this is causing him. He started this whole thing…. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m not happy. This is horrible for my anxiety. I don’t know what the point of all this is. I really don’t want to have hire a lawyer. It’s 4 foot of lawn.

In other news my neighbor won’t give it up. He has now mailed me a letter and stated I stay off his property.
So he is getting his own letter mailed that he has to sign for. Very short and to the point.
Get the wood pile off my property or I will hire someone and send you the bill. And feel free to hire a surveyor.

Again blaming me for the stress this is causing him. He started this whole thing…. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m not happy. This is horrible for my anxiety. I don’t know what the point of all this is. I really don’t want to have hire a lawyer. It’s 4 foot of lawn.

Dang Nunny. :hugs

It sounds like he has quite the burr under his saddle.
While you don't want to have to hire a lawyer a free consultation with one may be worth the time for peace of mind.

Dang Nunny. :hugs

It sounds like he has quite the burr under his saddle.
While you don't want to have to hire a lawyer a free consultation with one may be worth the time for peace of mind.
I may have too. The people across the street go to court against the neighbor behind them on Nov 1st. Maybe I’ll get their lawyers info. This is just ridiculous. I’ve spoken to the man once. And apparently I’ll never do that again. (Thats the good news)

Maybe I should get some of that invasive bamboo from Bob and plant a privacy hedge.

I may have too. The people across the street go to court against the neighbor behind them on Nov 1st. Maybe I’ll get their lawyers info. This is just ridiculous. I’ve spoken to the man once. And apparently I’ll never do that again. (Thats the good news)

Maybe I should get some of that invasive bamboo from Bob and plant a privacy hedge.

I think getting their lawyers info is a good idea.

Invasive bamboo while a fun idea might backfire. HOWEVER a privacy hedge sounds nice to me.

There are quite a few attractive and effective fast growing hedge shrubs available.

Back
Top Bottom