Hi everybody :frow

I'm alive. Been a bit crazy as usual. I was trying to catch up on the pages I missed but no luck. I got to puke city and decided to stop.
Glad everyone was feeling better Rae. I hope it has stayed that way.
I went back to working a third account every night. They had started construction and said it would take 2 months. I figured 3. They still aren't done. We are now going on 6 months. I was not a happy that I was the only one not working. When the whole thing started I was going to be off while they did my area then when it was done the other cleaners would be out. At 3 months with no end on sight I spoke up and loudly. Originally we were going to do a rotaing schedule but in the end one guy said he would just take the time off. I said let me know when he was ready to come back we could rotate but no word from him.
I didn't realize how much I had gotten used to easy early days. Adding the extra time threw me for a loop.
Then winter really hit us. And we kept getting freezing rain. I'm beyond ready for spring. It was in the 60s this last weekend and I cleaned coops in shorts and a t shirt. Then it snowed a little Monday. The drastic weather changes are hell on my sinuses and my mental health. It's so hopefull and nice out then crashes to grey and dreary.
View attachment 3019005
My almost 50 lb weighted blanket. This is her favorite way to nap in the day.
View attachment 3019007
They all got new bones! Yes the chihuahuas is almost as big as he is. Once the marrow is gone he doesn't really want it anyway so the larger size is safer for the big girls. View attachment 3019009My little old man is showing his age. I'm not sureif he's deafor just ignoring me when he's outside. But he clearly knows when I'm cleaning lettuce for salad. They all line up for some.
I also got a bug and tore most of the nasty carpet out of my kitchen. Again the 15 y/o little guy showing his age. I always wanted to take the carpet up but don't have anything to put down. Well it stunk so bad from him using it as his own personal bathroom I said F it. If I put a towel or pee pad in the floor he would go in a different spot. Cleaning it up did no good. Glued carpet just dries with the smell inside. So I ripped up what I could and put down sheet vinyl and carpet remnants. All of which can be reused later.
View attachment 3019008
This picture just makes me laugh. She loves that stupid hippo but I can't leave it down. It squeaks to easily. She walked around making it squeak endlessly till I want to tear my hair out.

The girls seem to enjoy playing so I'm glad. And just like human children like to get loud when I'm trying to do something or I'm on the phone.

Chicken wise things have been just as crazy. I got fowl pox...in winter. Did you know they can get wet and dry fowl pox at the same time? I sadly lost quite a few birds. And of course it was all happening when we got the coldest weather. So I think I lost more than I would have otherwise. I said last year I wasn't going to breed for myself and this year I plan on sticking to that! I have one weird cross I want to make but I think I'm only going to hatch 6 or 8 eggs. I'm calling them Franken Flowers. I want to put my frizzle stripper rooster over some Swedish Flower hens. They should all get the naked neck but I'm hoping for more flower color and pattern. Frizzle would be nice too but the combo just makes me laugh. Now if I wasn't up to my knees in mud I could get some stuff done out there! I'm actually picking up an ice fishing sled for my yard. The wheelbarrow gets bogged down to bad. I was pulling it like a rickshaw this weekend cause I couldn't push it. So hopefully the sled with go easier and I'll be able to use it in the snow too.
If you got this far thanks for enduring the crazy! I'll try to keep up.
Good to hear from you Nunny! Sorry you lost birds :hugs The floor looks good. I had no idea there were two different kinds of fowl pox. How do you know the difference?

Good morning all ☀️
23 this morning going up to 30f
Found an older meat mutt hen dead yesterday afternoon. I usually lose half a dz in late winter/spring when the temperature does the roller coaster 🎢.
Makes room for the next ones I guess.
:frow Good morning Mo, have a great day Sorry about the hen :hugs

Hi Everyone,

Everyone in this house is slowly on the mend, although I feel like crap today. I think it is a combo of the residual cold/flu/stomach bug crap we all had, plus a lack of sleep, plus cramps. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I worked it out so I have a 9/80 schedule and get every other Friday off. Tomorrow is my first Friday off. I'm ecstatic! Plus I don't have to work this Saturday.

We still have 5 healthy little piggies. I need to set up a creep area for them to eat their feed away from mama. Currently they run from food because mama is pushy.

Hi Everyone,

Everyone in this house is slowly on the mend, although I feel like crap today. I think it is a combo of the residual cold/flu/stomach bug crap we all had, plus a lack of sleep, plus cramps. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I worked it out so I have a 9/80 schedule and get every other Friday off. Tomorrow is my first Friday off. I'm ecstatic! Plus I don't have to work this Saturday.

We still have 5 healthy little piggies. I need to set up a creep area for them to eat their feed away from mama. Currently they run from food because mama is pushy.
Glad you have a couple days off to recover

Bird flu in my county. Hen that died was put in garbage that was picked up before I seen this.

Screenshot_20220310-165828.png

Hi everybody :frow

Good to hear from you Nunny! Sorry you lost birds :hugs The floor looks good. I had no idea there were two different kinds of fowl pox. How do you know the difference?
It's the same virus but dry pox are on the skin on their face. Wet pox is in their mouth and apparently their eyes. Anywhere mucus membrane can be reached. The pox themselves are weird. Everything I read said don't pick the scabs but I found uncovering the pox and putting propolis tincture on them dried them up. They have little feeler like roots.
received_586689652427143.jpeg
This was one of the first birds to get it and i thought it had a peck injury. So when i went to clean it up and make sure it wasn't infected I pulled the scab off thinking it was dirt/poo covered. You can see the perfect little holes in the skin. I seriously thought they were maggots at first. But they are puss plugs almost. I don't have a better way to describe it. You can also see the little swollen area right inside the eye lid. That was another pox forming. So I dried up the spot on the skin and had to keep cleaning puss from the eye. I went through a tube of terramycin. This one made it with a slightly coudy eye and a scar where the first pox was. It basically tightened the skin. Got an eye lid lift the hard way. Ones I lost got the wet pox way back in their mouth where i couldnt see it to clean it. Sadly I dont think it was a pleasant death. Ones I knew had it I cleaned them up and dried up their pox. That seemed to work really well.

Back
Top Bottom