I had a hawk attack a 16 wk pullet a few years ago in oct....and I was a few hundred ft away. I heard an alert and seen a flash of brown. I ran and scared it off. She was still alive and spent the winter in the living room. She eventually recovered enough to go out by summer.
Glad she survived. I had something go after my biggest hen & fail. I was sitting on a swinging bench right in front of it. Everyone got away but it scared the kitty litter out of everyone. Those fall predators will stop at nothing.
Yeah, he hasn't been feeling so good lately, they are trying to figure out what going on, I'm sure he'll be back at some point
Hope he feels better soon.
Its been interesting here. Mostly good thankfully, i guess. Hubs walked off his job and the new old job of subbing (again) wont start until school starts of course. So thats been interesting. I wouldnt mind being solvent one of these days. I have a strong suspicion that wont happen as long as we stay together. He just doesnt get it.
on the plus side, we visited family during my break and saw the best fireworks 🎇. It was good to see almost everybody after nearly 20 yrs. Sad though, very very sad that we havent been visiting. We didnt have enough time to visit everybody sadly. Our home town has an awesome area for fireworks so hundreds of people can enjoy them without crowding. Much better than here where you can only see the really high ones.
we bought kayaks And renewed our fishing licenses. Hopefully those will actually be used. I wouldve preferred renting as its cheaper, but hubs hates renting anything. the bunny is still battling his infection. We thought it was healing but discovered it isnt. So hes going to the vet monday. Yay! Another $500 down the hole. At least hes worth it. Cant rent med treatments 🤣
I get the whole not wanting to work thing, but that's not how life works. Hopefully thing work out w the job & the bun. It makes it so much worse when the pet's treatment is expensive for no reason... "exotic" except it's a bunny and they see bunnies.. what's so exotic about it. It's not a hedge hog or chinchilla.

Glad she survived. I had something go after my biggest hen & fail. I was sitting on a swinging bench right in front of it. Everyone got away but it scared the kitty litter out of everyone. Those fall predators will stop at nothing.

Hope he feels better soon.

I get the whole not wanting to work thing, but that's not how life works. Hopefully thing work out w the job & the bun. It makes it so much worse when the pet's treatment is expensive for no reason... "exotic" except it's a bunny and they see bunnies.. what's so exotic about it. It's not a hedge hog or chinchilla.
Thank you :hugs

Its been interesting here. Mostly good thankfully, i guess. Hubs walked off his job and the new old job of subbing (again) wont start until school starts of course. So thats been interesting. I wouldnt mind being solvent one of these days. I have a strong suspicion that wont happen as long as we stay together. He just doesnt get it.
on the plus side, we visited family during my break and saw the best fireworks 🎇. It was good to see almost everybody after nearly 20 yrs. Sad though, very very sad that we havent been visiting. We didnt have enough time to visit everybody sadly. Our home town has an awesome area for fireworks so hundreds of people can enjoy them without crowding. Much better than here where you can only see the really high ones.
we bought kayaks And renewed our fishing licenses. Hopefully those will actually be used. I wouldve preferred renting as its cheaper, but hubs hates renting anything. the bunny is still battling his infection. We thought it was healing but discovered it isnt. So hes going to the vet monday. Yay! Another $500 down the hole. At least hes worth it. Cant rent med treatments 🤣
I don't know if you're still interested in working for the library but things are finally starting to move on our Brimfield branch and they should be later this fall. Because we have a union we need to post everything internally first. I'm not involved with any of that stuff except for my department so if you are still interested keep an eye on our website. I'll try to let you know when I see it's posted, but I don't always notice right away. https://www.portagelibrary.org/employment

I don't know if you're still interested in working for the library but things are finally starting to move on our Brimfield branch and they should be later this fall. Because we have a union we need to post everything internally first. I'm not involved with any of that stuff except for my department so if you are still interested keep an eye on our website. I'll try to let you know when I see it's posted, but I don't always notice right away. https://www.portagelibrary.org/employment
Thanks! Will do

It's supposed to be hotter tomorrow . 82f would be the average

KIMG0789_01.JPG

Thanks! Will do
They posted the internal positions this week. I'm not sure when they're planning on interviewing for those but once that is done if there's any other open positions they will be posted on the website. Usually when positions are taken internally there's a lot of Shifting around after that too so if there's anywhere else in the county that you would be willing to drive to just keep an eye on the website for anything to open up. I don't know if it's posted or not but we recently had somebody resigned from a part-time position in Streetsboro.

This vacuum works great, shame it doesn't hold more dog hair.... Annie is shedding LOL
I saw this thing once that looked kind of like a broom handle with a rubber squeegee at the end and they raked it through the carpet and it pulled up so much hair. I've always wanted to try it but I could never justify it because we don't have pets but my kids and I shed so much hair that it's just everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom