Orpington duck laying

LordDuckWings

Songster
Jun 30, 2017
Tips needed! My buff orpington hen is now laying eggs. Currently i'm in southern alberta and its getting hot. ( 28 celcius ) I have no idea if the eggs are fertile or not. I have one hen and one drake. The drake is call mix. I don't have an egg candler, how could I tell fertility without a candler? Also I have never SEEN my male do buisness with her, do they like privacy when IT happens? Tips appreciated.

They mate mostly in water, If you have a mature drake then the chances are they are fertile. If you want her to hatch eggs then just leave it in the nest, she won’t go broody until she has an amount of eggs at her liking. I have a broody girl sitting on 23 eggs right now, 2 more weeks to go

Tips needed! My buff orpington hen is now laying eggs. Currently i'm in southern alberta and its getting hot. ( 28 celcius ) I have no idea if the eggs are fertile or not. I have one hen and one drake. The drake is call mix. I don't have an egg candler, how could I tell fertility without a candler? Also I have never SEEN my male do buisness with her, do they like privacy when IT happens? Tips appreciated.
A flashlight works to Candle eggs..Hello also an Alberta person ..Im in central Alberts just west of Edmonton..:frow

Back
Top Bottom