• Yes!

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

poult

Crowing
8 Years
Dec 15, 2014
Cabin In The Woods
Hello,if you don't know me I have many other animals as well which I will share about here too.I have dealt with many bad and good situations and am prepared for almost anything! I have hatched chicks in an incubator & under a few hens.I have butchered birds before(not my favorite).I have cured many poultry diseases almost all the ones I have encountered.I enjoy learning new things and love it when I get new questions I have to research before answering! I love to help people and hope you enjoy reading and talking with me about my flock & yours! I currently have:

• Two 11 month old African female geese.

• Two 11 month old black barred muscovy drakes.

• 9 adult hens many mix breeds & 3 pullets.

• 2 adult roosters,1 rooster chick & soon another adult rooster im getting from a friend.

I have also raised several turkey's.Ever bird is named & loved! I also have lots of cats & a bunny,ferret,iguana,turtle,dogs & a gopher snake I caught.I have yet to name the snake(offers are great!).

So any questions? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Some toads were caught today & will be let free later today :)

The flock free ranged a bit as well!

Caught my two female geese mating too so I'm super confused.......

And my sick hen Wilda is getting better! :)

& off I go to get my new rooster!

The top & bottom photo are two different roosters I call them the Brothers Grim because they never stop fighting but never lead to serious problems just always squabbling :rolleyes: anyhoo The top one is Dello & the bottom one is Heliotrope they are both 1/2 silver-laced wyandotte & 1/2 polish/sizzle/unknown mixes their mother is Wilda & their father Peep died of IB in 2013. Heliotrope,Wilda,Karuk,Shoshone,Patwin & Miwok are the starter chickens of my breeding project 'The Perfect Chicken' & also keeping Peep's line going since he was the best rooster too ever live.

My new rooster I got today is being quarantined for a bit before going in the coop but his name is Maxwell the black australorp!

I saw a few mites on him so he will be treated for that not a big deal since he had so little & he isn't close to my flock.He was going to be dinner tonight if I didn't keep him but I couldn't let him be eaten he is too cute! So I have 4 roosters now.

My new rooster I got today is being quarantined for a bit before going in the coop but his name is Maxwell the black australorp!

I saw a few mites on him so he will be treated for that not a big deal since he had so little & he isn't close to my flock.He was going to be dinner tonight if I didn't keep him but I couldn't let him be eaten he is too cute! So I have 4 roosters now.

How many hens do you have?

Last edited:

He's very cute!!! :love

Although his comb looks a bit tattered. :/

Back
Top Bottom