prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I would agree. And, I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone, simply pointing out that there are many different styles. We once did a study on legalism. We were listing all of the legalistic attitudes that can creep into a church. It was quite interesting. I have a friend. She attended one church where it was considered taboo for men and women to go bowling together. But, they often had co-ed swim parties. Across town, there was a church that had a co-ed bowling league. But in their congregation, it was taboo for men and women to go swimming together.

@shortgrass
   Wow, I'm always shocked at how far you and your husband take stuff! Talk about some major insecurity...

You can dress modestly AND go swimming!! That's kind of sad.

And why not ask your sister to put some clothes on as a kind gesture so you can hang out as a family?

I can honestly say that we too were quite strict and Bible thumping with our kids.... It made them angry and resentful towards God and I don't blame them! It is important to find a happy medium, which of course does not include compromising who you are.

It's good to follow the rules and laws.... but we are living under GRACE, does your husband understand that? Acting all holier than thou, which I feel assured he does, does NOT lead people to Christ. Ugh.... I get a sense of David Koresh when I think about your "small church" and all the other teachings. :oops:  I'm surprised you can handle that. Your husband sounds much more controlling than leading. You my dear.... ARE a much stronger lady than I am!

After I got married, I (unintentionally) took on the persona of my Hubby which was very uptight and "righteous", not at all the fun loving, nonchalant, happy person I was. Suddenly I had the weight of the world on my shoulders and was a very uptight person. One day during a fight I told my husband "I gave my whole life for you". I realized I wasn't living for God or myself but for my husband who was my only ally and trusted person. But I was going about it all wrong. We aren't supposed to become our husbands! They married us for who we are. We still need to have our own interest, likes, and dislikes. We are supposed to compliment each other! I know, I know... the two shall become one flesh....

Listen, I'm sorry.... It really is none of my business! I don't know why I feel drawn toward you :hugs  and I'm sorry it always sounds like attacks. I assure you, I have ZERO room to talk! Plenty of points in my life that need correcting. I have lots to grow still. I'm OK if you need to call me out about something of my own. ;)

You seem like a very smart, caring person with lots of vivid experiences that might make you able to connect with people in a way that a suit and tie won't. But being all stuffed up with rules and small family might not be leading others to Christ. :confused:  Like you sister... what if she sees you being happy and God centered instead of God centered and judgey to the point your too good to go to your mom's church? I know that isn't the case and you have other things you are working out about it... I'm talking about what someone on the outside looking in thinks?

Yes, I led the wild life to (piercing, tattoos, drugs) .... and then grew up. The stories I could tell are blackout horrendous. How I'm alive today, ONLY GOD KNOWS. But I know in my heart that I didn't come through where I've been to alienate those like me. Everybody has different callings on their life though and different experiences. I wouldn't want your husband to be where he is very uncomfortable.... although, when we ARE stretched out of our comfort zone is when we grow the most!

He does sound very loving and loyal, plus most importantly... he Loves you and he Loves God. Please don't think I mean otherwise or have bad thought about him. (that would be stupidity on my part) I know you take things in stride, so I won't be expecting you to be stewing over this either. :)

Yikes lol, I wear my heart on my sleeve that much?!? :D

Well... It does sound stuffy when you put it like that, but you know, I think it's more just plain fear of failure. We have both failed God so much in our lives, and had so much trauma, that we cling to the one thing we know for sure will never leave us or forsake us. He's shy, I'm hearing impaired; we are just naturally anxiety prone, but I wouldn't say insecure... But maybe, lol we both have our quirks ;)

You know, to me, the swimming thing is just the way I like it. The girls can swim, that's not what I was meaning. I meant I don't like to show my body in front of other men in what is essentially my underwear; its not because my husband says so, its my choice. But on the other hand, I do know that my husband doesn't like other men looking at my body, so I cover myself appropriately in public. Appropriate to me being no thighs and no bare backs or cleavage. That's also because I gave a stupid tattoo running the entire length of my spine and I am embarrassed of it and don't like people noticing me because of it. I don't like being looked at, period. Call me paranoid lol, I'm just a private person ;)

I submit to my husband, not because I fear him, but because I love him. He takes care of my every need. He doesnt deny me of really anything, and he cherishes me. Sure, we have our moments, but I have learned that sometimes it's better to just keep the peace than it is to be selfish. Our of respect for our marriage and him, I obey God. If God wants me to submit to my husband, I will. Because I love him.

Same with God. If I love him, I will obey him. If God wants me to be modest and not cause a stumbling block for others, I will. It's pretty straightforward to me, but I do see your point on love. I'm afraid some might not understand our ways and misconstrue it as holier than thou when its just preference.

But working on it still .the LAST thing I want is to come off as a hypocrite :(

There is a book called, Under the Overpass, two college men decide to go homeless for the summer and live on the streets in six different cities.
One Saturday evening they find a church and camp on the lawn, planning on attending the service the next morning. A deacon who was in charge of their "mission efforts to the homeless" walks up to the young filthy students (Sunday morning) camped on the lawn and asks them to leave.

Billy Graham once said, "the best place to conduct your missionary efforts is in your church".

Interesting study, maybe @lazy gardener would get her husband involved, is to list the ancestors of Jesus and the sins they committed. Why would God choose those people? One of the reasons we know the Bible is true is because of the embarrassing facts about the characters, no one will make up a legendary fiction novel and make themselves look bad.
That sounds harsh for that Deacon to ask the men to leave. A small town near my city, named El Cajon, had a church that was catering and feeding the homeless population in the area. The city had a lot of homeless due to the nice weather. Pretty soon the area was overwhelmed with homeless camping out at and near the church. Of course crime goes up in the area and the residents became angry at the church and demanded the church stop feeding the homeless, which I think it did. It's always a two edged sword.

You guys, my horse Cherokee is sick. He is steaming and the steam is turning into frost on his fur. He was shaking but I walked him, he's drooling (he has drooled before because of clover in the hay. It this time it's worse) the vet is coming to look at him. We think there was something in the hay that he ate. The other horses are okay.
I'd appreciate it if you prayed for him. Might me a little colic, he rolled.
It is 11:55 pm when I am typing this.

Last edited:
You guys, my horse Cherokee is sick. He is steaming and the steam is turning into frost on his fur. He was shaking but I walked him, he's drooling (he has drooled before because of clover in the hay. It this time it's worse) the vet is coming to look at him. We think there was something in the hay that he ate. The other horses are okay.
I'd appreciate it if you prayed for him. Might me a little colic, he rolled.
It is 11:55 pm when I am typing this.

Oh I'm so sorry :hugs I hate it when my animals get sick :( Sending lots of prayers for Cherokee.

Cherokee is going to be okay, the vet came out and tubed electrolytes into him.

A six foot tube.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom