prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I once worked with a devout Jewish lady. We had many conversations about the people in the OT. She was actually a teacher to the children in her temple. I once asked her who Melchizedek was and she had never heard of him. Similar with other common people who are key characters in OT. She knew very little of their stories. She was extremely anxious, driven to "perfection" in every aspect of her job and her life. Driven to keep every bit of the law. She would not eat with her co workers, because we were goyim. When we had a pot luck, she would cook a kosher dish for us, but would not eat anything that we had prepared, even when we went to great lengths to ensure that we were preparing a dish according to the Jewish dietary laws. Our back and forth conversations continued for years, with most of our conversations focused on OT. I often told her how God was working in my life, and in the lives of my family. One day, she said, in conversation with an other co-worker.... Go ask Holly. She's very religious. I over heard that statement, and interjected that I was probably the least religious person she would ever meet. She was truly perplexed. And asked me what I meant. I told her that this was a conversation that she and I would have to finish at an other time. So, later that week, when she and I were the only ones left in the office, I reminded her of that conversation, and asked her if she'd like to have the rest of the conversation. So, she said... sure. It became a one way conversation with me being the only one speaking, and her... listening. I said: Religion is man trying to please God. It is the rituals we do to try to earn God's favor. But, that's not possible. Again, the puzzled look. I finished by stating: Jesus Christ is the Messiah, fulfillment of all of the OT prophecies about the coming Messiah. God who took on human form and was Born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, sacrificed on the cross as the sinless spotless lamb of God, to pay the sin debt for every person who will accept him as Lord and Messiah. Risen from the dead, ascended to heaven, and will return again. She was silent. Unfortunately, she never entered into conversation with me again re: any thing of a spiritual nature.

All that to say that if I had to state my belief in a nut shell, with a single verse, it would have to be John 3:16 for the simplicity of it: For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but shall have everlasting life.

Last edited:
Romans 10:9-10King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Here's another good foundation verse for Christianity.

What do Christians believe (please add one and only one) support with Bible verse

I want to try this because I had a conversation with a young man that thought he was Christian because he was born in the USA and the USA is a Christian country

#1 empty tomb

Matthew 28 NASB  [SUP]5 [/SUP]The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. [SUP]6 [/SUP]He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying. [SUP]7 [/SUP]Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead;

Heaven

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Hi, I'm Lorie, AKA Little Fuzzy, who is actually my white Silkie hen who is such a character. She is the only chicken who bosses my Great Dane around. I'm 61 yrs young, and didn't get saved till I was 54. I'm a retired police officer from San Diego Cali. God convicted me after I had a shooting at work, but It took me along time to commit. Now I volunteer at a soup kitchen for the homeless, people I would not have liked too much in my past career. I'm a born again Independent Bible Believing Baptist. My life verse is - And ye shall know the truth, and the Truth will make you free.

I once worked with a devout Jewish lady.  We had many conversations about the people in the OT.  She was actually a teacher to the children in her temple.  I once asked her who Melchizedek was and she had never heard of him.  Similar with other common people who are key characters in OT.  She knew very little of their stories.  She was extremely anxious, driven to "perfection" in every aspect of her job and her life.  Driven to keep every bit of the law.  She would not eat with her co workers, because we were goyim.  When we had a pot luck, she would cook a kosher dish for us, but would not eat anything that we had prepared, even when we went to great lengths to ensure that we were preparing a dish according to the Jewish dietary laws.  Our back and forth conversations continued for years, with most of our conversations focused on OT.  I often told her how God was working in my life, and in the lives of my family.  One day, she said, in conversation with an other co-worker.... Go ask Holly.  She's very religious.  I over heard that statement, and interjected that I was probably the least religious person she would ever meet.  She was truly perplexed.  And asked me what I meant.  I told her that this was a conversation that she and I would have to finish at an other time.  So, later that week, when she and I were the only ones left in the office, I reminded her of that conversation, and asked her if she'd like to have the rest of the conversation.  So, she said... sure.  It became a one way conversation with me being the only one speaking, and her... listening.  I said:  Religion is man trying to please God.  It is the rituals we do to try to earn God's favor.  But, that's not possible.  Again, the puzzled look.  I finished by stating:  Jesus Christ is the Messiah, fulfillment of all of the OT prophecies about the coming Messiah.  God who took on human form and was Born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, sacrificed on the cross as the sinless spotless lamb of God, to pay the sin debt for every person who will accept him as Lord and Messiah.  Risen from the dead, ascended to heaven, and will return again.  She was silent.  Unfortunately, she never entered into conversation with me again re: any thing of a spiritual nature.    

All that to say that if I had to state my belief in a nut shell, with a single verse, it would have to be John 3:16 for the simplicity of it:  For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but shall have everlasting life.  

I liked that story

Hi, I'm Lorie, AKA Little Fuzzy, who is actually my white Silkie hen who is such a character. She is the only chicken who bosses my Great Dane around. I'm 61 yrs young, and didn't get saved till I was 54. I'm a retired police officer from San Diego Cali. God convicted me after I had a shooting at work, but It took me along time to commit. Now I volunteer at a soup kitchen for the homeless, people I would not have liked too much in my past career. I'm a born again Independent Bible Believing Baptist. My life verse is - And ye shall know the truth, and the Truth will make you free.

Hi Lorie. That's a beautiful name. Welcome to our group.

Back
Top Bottom