Pics
Hey all have like 8 cups of black berry getting one more box of sure jell. Dummy here if I do not want to make freezer jam do I cook the berries or ?
Can I do them in a water bath ? in the jars ?
Inside the Sure-Jell box is a recipe paper.
It tells you exactly how to can Blackberry Jam.
1630095235356.png

Koi

our RK is sold out of jars lids etc. and has been for a few weeks :th
They have jars with lids at Wal-Mart. I've found them even at the grocery stores.
If you just want the lids... you can get them on Ebay. You'll have to shop around and you'll have to pay a little more but it depends on how bad you want them...

My freezer groans under the weight it is subjected to! I am fatigued and over cooked, by my canning efforts! I am dehydrating more for long term storage, now, and find it easier and it can preserve the food longer, if properly packaged for storage. If you use vac bags, an oxygen absorber and store in a cool dark place, the food can be of good quality 5 to 7 plus years. ( the oxygen absorber is not really important if vac sealed, I find and I rarely use them)I do a lot of small quantities like that, with a recipe sized (example one whole chopped onion or a cup or two of okra)quantity per bag. Very good results with my apples, yellow squash, okra, onions, chilis, mushrooms, tomato and more! I make soup mixes and spice blends with my ground, dried chilis, herbs and vegetables. I wish I could afford a freeze dryer! But God has blessed me enough and to ask for more would be gluttony. I will have one, if I really need it. Enjoy your harvest!

Sitting in jars the boo boo was added the sugar before the sure jell. Jars all sealed jam tipped on it side seems to be setting ?
My mom says that when you do that it makes syrup.
I threw a whole batch out before she told me that...:he
I always have to remind myself: set the sugar to the side, set the sugar aside....

Back
Top Bottom