Pics
Have you ever started by going through one drawer to look for something you KNOW is in there and then end up cleaning every "thing" drawer and cabinet in the house, because things in the "thing" drawer needed put in their proper place, which was also a disorganized mess?!
I am on hour 3. I have one drawer and one cabinet left. I may as well finish what I started.
Then I'll take care of the sewing room.
Winds howling after 3 inches of rain in 4 days. No garden today.
xenia sprout in the kitchen is slow to get going.
Contemplating tossing in a tomato seed to keep it company.

All the summer crops are officially done now. :clap I cleaned the rest of the potatoes and put them in their box in the basement. Some of the "not so good keepers" are going in stew tonight.

The potato harvest was less this year than last year. Way less, when I consider I planted a lot more plants. All the seed potatoes were ones from my garden, from the year before, that had sprouted. So I'm not sure if it was the climate of this season, the soil, or the seed potatoes themselves that accounted for the smaller harvest.

Next year, I think I'll buy some more Kennebec from the local place I get chicken feed. Elba I'll grow from my own, if there are some left. Otherwise, I might order from where I got them. But I have to remember where that is... :rolleyes:

Since the mower is out of commission (DH thinks he'll fix it this weekend), I string trimmed some of the really long grass. Then I raked it up and threw it over the fence into the garden. I'll find it next spring, flattened down to a weed blocking bit of mulch. If he gets the mower running, I may rake the mowed grass up for the same thing.

It's supposed to be dry at least, this weekend, so I want to get some stuff done that I'll be glad I did come spring.

8 hours of sorting and cleaning and yes, I did find the cell phone box.
I hope to get to the cushaw squash drying tomorrow.
Although I cannot find the BLENDER! Where is my blender??? Where does a blender go??

I also got my cider vinegar set, so maybe next week I'll get that going too.
Looking like it might snow a bit next week. We still haven't frozen.

I don't think marigolds over winter. I'm not sure if they will reseed themselves very well either, but I'll find out next spring! I saved seeds the year before last, and have plenty left, so if they don't come up (not gathering seed heads this year), I'll have some that I started as seeds to plant.
Well, at least gathering seed heads is not difficult at all with marigolds.

Back
Top Bottom