Tomorrow, I will be dehydrating the rest of my bell peppers. I brought two plants inside to overwinter and have so many peppers from them. And have a lot of jalapenos. If I froze those, think they would be ok in fresh salsa over the winter?
I cut up and freeze jalapenos. I use them in omelets.
I'm sure you could use them in fresh salsa if you wanted. They just are more tender than crunchy.

got half my garlic planted today!
I need to do mine!
I need to get my garlic in. Thanks for the reminder!
I need to do mine!!!!

I got the bed almost done yesterday. I need to put some of the pile of chicken compost I got from my neighbor on it.
IMG_4315.JPG

It's been sitting there all summer long. Some for the garlic, some for the onions, some for the asparagus.

I need to decide real quick if I'm doing garlic this year or not, getting chilly out there. I did save some from the harvest, but not sure if the back can handle it or not. I'd have to ask DH to put them in the ground. I've never not grown garlic.
I tried garlic for the first time last season, I bought 5 organic bulbs, broke them up and planted as indicated (mix of in-ground and grow bags) and ended up getting 1 mediocre garlic bulb out of it 😁

Back
Top Bottom