Question about Whiting's True Blue and True Greens Eggs

1dermaker1

Songster
Feb 2, 2023
Kearneysville, WV
Hi everybody. I was hoping someone might have some experience with these 2 breeds... I have 5 of each, and they
20230710_163654.jpg
will be 17 weeks old this week. I think I know which ones are for sure True Greens, Bird -wise, however, some of them are laying already, and I'm not sure if it's just the greens, or one of them might be a Blue's egg. So my question is, when they truly come to their own and are laying regularly, are the Blue eggs distinguishable from the Greens, or could they just have the slight blues I'm seeing now? Or are these all Green's?

Whiting true blues and whiting true greens are almost the same breed. The greens should only lay green, and the blues should only lay blue, but that doesn’t always happen. So it’s possible your whiting true blues are laying green eggs.

Those are your WTG eggs ... The WTB are baby blue ... Have had both, love the breed preferring the WTG egg color/size to the WTB the shade varies & pictures are not as "pretty" as in person. I "lost" the pics from the original WTG/WTB I had, this is the 2nd set (brown eggs not theirs) when my computer died and I discovered I forgot to back up my pictures :barnie

Attachments

• 0713 Trio Eggs.jpg
    0713 Trio Eggs.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 0713 Duo Eggs.jpg
    0713 Duo Eggs.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 16
Those are your WTG eggs ... The WTB are baby blue ... Have had both, love the breed preferring the WTG egg color/size to the WTB the shade varies & pictures are not as "pretty" as in person. I "lost" the pics from the original WTG/WTB I had, this is the 2nd set (brown eggs not theirs) when my computer died and I discovered I forgot to back up my pictures :barnie
That's good to know. Thank you. And I can empathize with the computer woes, been there myself. 😵‍💫

Hi everybody. I was hoping someone might have some experience with these 2 breeds... I have 5 of each, and theyView attachment 3572838 will be 17 weeks old this week. I think I know which ones are for sure True Greens, Bird -wise, however, some of them are laying already, and I'm not sure if it's just the greens, or one of them might be a Blue's egg. So my question is, when they truly come to their own and are laying regularly, are the Blue eggs distinguishable from the Greens, or could they just have the slight blues I'm seeing now? Or are these all Green's?
It depends on what type of chicken you have. A couple of those lol like olive eggers. They all look green. The rest are probably from an Easter egger.

It depends on what type of chicken you have. A couple of those lol like olive eggers. They all look green. The rest are probably from an Easter egger.
WTG will lay shades of green, WTB will lay shades of blue ... Depend to the amount of "bloom" You will be able to distinguish the difference although the "blue" isn't as blue as we expected.

Back
Top Bottom