Ribh's D'Coopage

Happy caterday to those of you on that side of the world :) Puff is tired of the rain.
16137764848338412392853066762600.jpg

I think he is a mix of Norwegian forest and unknown. His sister from the same litter is part siamese, so we know there was some mixing... he has the coat and temperament though. My bigger white cat you might have seen before I believe is a Siberian, they look similar but feel really different.
I like big fluffy breeds. Norwegian is one of my favourites! Our 1st family cat was a Siamese X. Beautiful cat.
1613783240623.png

This loopy lots favourite perching spot.
I have no idea why.
There is nothing to look @.​
20210220_111946.jpg

As I am looking @ several of my birds aging out I am bewildered by some keepers decision to cull older, non~laying birds.

I know. I know. Every flock is different & some people need the eggs & can't afford freeloaders but I can't afford to not have my older girls. They mightn't be contributing eggs but they contribute so much else that is needful & helpful: wisdom, knowledge, leadership. My oldest girls have done about 4/5 integrations & I attribute the ease of my last integration to their knowledge that it wasn't anything to get fussed about. They set the tone for the rest of the flock & as I have good stable leaders why would I want to cull them for young, untried birds? Hmmm...​

No, I was babysitting on the mainland but my son threw a spanner in the works & asked if I could do the evening as well. As I'd expected to be home then I hadn't organised chooks or cats so had to come home & organise all that then head back over. I'm pretty stuffed today.
I can imagine you are, that makes for a very long day! You are a good mom/grandma! 💞

This loopy lots favourite perching spot.
I have no idea why.
There is nothing to look @.​
View attachment 2537444

As I am looking @ several of my birds aging out I am bewildered by some keepers decision to cull older, non~laying birds.

I know. I know. Every flock is different & some people need the eggs & can't afford freeloaders but I can't afford to not have my older girls. They mightn't be contributing eggs but they contribute so much else that is needful & helpful: wisdom, knowledge, leadership. My oldest girls have done about 4/5 integrations & I attribute the ease of my last integration to their knowledge that it wasn't anything to get fussed about. They set the tone for the rest of the flock & as I have good stable leaders why would I want to cull them for young, untried birds? Hmmm...​
Maybe it's just nice & warm in their favorite spot! 💗

I don't plan on culling my girls out either. I love your insight into your flock...you know them all so well. I kind of wish I had started with a smaller flock so I could know them all better!

I can imagine you are, that makes for a very long day! You are a good mom/grandma! 💞

Maybe it's just nice & warm in their favorite spot! 💗

I don't plan on culling my girls out either. I love your insight into your flock...you know them all so well. I kind of wish I had started with a smaller flock so I could know them all better!
Speaking of culling... I am so angry right now. I mentioned over on Bob’s thread that another Farmer here believes he has Mareks and was going to cull his entire flock of over 100 birds. Including not even 1 year old birds. Also because he has some egg eaters, and ones that refuse to roost in his nasty, uncleared coop, it’s so much easier and cheaper to just cull them all and start again. He’s also dumping the heads and bodies randomly all over the island. Some heads were found on the government dock. 12 bodies and heads were dumped near the drinking water reservoir (on the way to near our property). Just not ok, at all!

I will cull for kindness in the case of terminal and painful illnesses; or for our eating, or gender reasons (again also for eating). But really, how disgusting to dump the bodies on public property.

Back
Top Bottom