Sick 4 mo old pekin

Start her on the B liquid first give it about a week then if no major improvement start the calcium reason being this way we can know which one worked.

Once she begins to improve physically I bet her quack will too. She is blessed to have you.

Thank you. And I am blessed to have her and this group.
Up date: the b complex was no where to be found in a 35 mile radius. I did find one an hour away.
On line would have been 7-10 days or 5x's the med cost.
So I'll leave an hour early for work and run over to get it..
She semi quacked today.
But still not able to stand for any length of time.
She is playing a lot more in the bath though.

Miss Lydia thanks again for all your help.
Got home from work, sorry I haven't even named her. That's horrible on my part
She was looking the same. Started her bath and she quacked actual quacks.
She even paddled around.
After drying her off I put her on the floor so i could dry the tub and get it set up.
She waddled for about 5 steps and stood for almost a min. That's progress for her.
She sat down and stood up again.
I have noticed that her right leg is a bit stronger then left. They are so soft looking, they move like there's barely a bone.
Started the b complex tonight too.
I am praying the damage can be reversed.
She can't live in my tub for ever

Okay let’s see how she is in a few days. Your making progress so hopefully with the B complex that will really help get her going :fl Since this has been going on for a while we’ve got to have patience and let the b’s start working .

If no change by say Tuesday or Wednesday start her on the calcium too. And remember vets we aren’t we can only recommend what has helped others so I am really hoping this will help your little one .:hugs

Not much to report today. Not any big changes. She did seem to stand a tad longer after her bath.
I'll take every step and sec she stands up right.
I'll check in tomorrow night.

Hi,
Sorry I didn't post anything last night. There wasn't any changes.

Tonight she is swimming with more leg effort. No quaking or any noise though.

But she was able to stand for more then a milli sec. And I could get a good look at her legs under her weight.
Her right leg is fine.
It's her left that's the issue. At the knee it is bowed out. Not a lot but enough to set her off balance.

She absolutely refuses to walk. I even put her treats a few feet away and she wouldn't budge. She actually stood up and turned her back to me and sat down.

She did stand up and sit down multiple times in a row which she had not done before.

This sounds def like niacin deficiency look up Metzer on line they have pics and info on niacin def And Bowed legs is a symptom of niacin def. just keep up with the b complex . Her leg probably won’t straighten out but she should get stronger to where she can walk.

Back
Top Bottom