Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
I haven't had a joint since I was 20, but I recall that sure calmed me down. 🤫 Then I went into law enforcement and never had it since.

CBD gummies or vapes a lot of people swear by, including my hubs. He has a CBD vape and about once a month when he's tossing and turning, he'll go dig around in his nightstand for it. A couple hits and he's out like a light in about a minute.

I've tried it during the day, big mistake! It's too relaxing to me, and I have no trouble sleeping, so don't use it personally.
For awhile I gave my hubby CBD gummies 🤣 he hasn't used them in a few years, now the melatonin gunmies do the trick. My skin started reacting to CBD oil when I'd put it on the hubby for pain, so I haven't tried taking them as I'm concerned how my insides will react 🤣 I have epipens for another allergy, I sure don't want to test them out because of a reaction to CBD

ocean life inflation GIF by Jason Clarke

For sure!
I truly do miss it, but to give you the reasons of my own, probably of many, for why I incubate eggs. Maybe others have something to add, but here's mine.

• Sometimes less hassle if we care for the chicks as they are all in one place at the same time under our care and less deaths or "gone missing."
  • If you're planning to sell any or all chicks, incubating is much easier and less mean than having to go steal them from behind or under a hen. If you hatch from an incubator and want to keep them, you can try have a broody hen take them. I have a broody hen at any given moment and I've done that a few times.
  • Incubating is all done safely in the house, a short distance to check on at any moment.
  • Incubating is fun, educational, and addictive!
  • If keeping incubated chicks, we become their momma and they are much tamer than hen-raised. We also ensure proper nutrition whereas sometimes they're not getting the best following a hen around the yard and not eating their grower as much.
These eggs, I'm selling all of the ones that hatch from my own eggs, the ones in the test in the Brinsea, and keeping all of the shipped egg chicks as the survival rate is so far down on them, there's no longer a need to DNA test any....I'll just keep what I get and hope for not too many roos. Oh, if any are showgirls (NN/naked necks), those will get sold too. We just can't get into those. :)

I truly do miss it, but to give you the reasons of my own, probably of many, for why I incubate eggs. Maybe others have something to add, but here's mine.

• Sometimes less hassle if we care for the chicks as they are all in one place at the same time under our care and less deaths or "gone missing."
  • If you're planning to sell any or all chicks, incubating is much easier and less mean than having to go steal them from behind or under a hen. If you hatch from an incubator and want to keep them, you can try have a broody hen take them. I have a broody hen at any given moment and I've done that a few times.
  • Incubating is all done safely in the house, a short distance to check on at any moment.
  • Incubating is fun, educational, and addictive!
  • If keeping incubated chicks, we become their momma and they are much tamer than hen-raised. We also ensure proper nutrition whereas sometimes they're not getting the best following a hen around the yard and not eating their grower as much.
These eggs, I'm selling all of the ones that hatch from my own eggs, the ones in the test in the Brinsea, and keeping all of the shipped egg chicks as the survival rate is so far down on them, there's no longer a need to DNA test any....I'll just keep what I get and hope for not too many roos. Oh, if any are showgirls (NN/naked necks), those will get sold too. We just can't get into those. :)
Alot of good points thank you. Just about have hubby convinced we should do this. I guess I would just Google where to order fertile eggs? And about what do you sale the chick's for? I'm thinking this might be a good project for my Sunday school class.
Just have to wait and see. Also, my husband and I are tried Law Enforcement as well. :goodpost:

Alot of good points thank you. Just about have hubby convinced we should do this. I guess I would just Google where to order fertile eggs? And about what do you sale the chick's for? I'm thinking this might be a good project for my Sunday school class.
Just have to wait and see. Also, my husband and I are tried Law Enforcement as well. :goodpost:
If you have a specific breed you want, then look for quality breeders online, craigslist often has a lot of local BYM and some purebreds available especially in the spring. You can also order hatching eggs from many of the hatcheries. Shipping is hard on eggs (as you can see with Debbie's hatch here) so finding some the closer the better 😊

Also, get a good incubator, you don't want cold and hot spots or poor temperature control.

These "shipped" eggs are from a breeder from down where @2ndTink lives. She knew I was looking for fancy buff silkie eggs and gave me the info. ❤️

We have a breeder under an hour away I bought eggs from once. Try google to see if you can find any breeders near you.

I've seen eggs for sale on Facebook. I'm in about 6 or so poultry groups on there for my state/region.

Three times I've purchased them from sellers on eBay.

For eBay, just search "(insert breed) hatching eggs." Read the reviews and make sure almost everyone's happy with their eggs. I've had great luck all three times with three different sellers on there. This time was the worst I've ever had, but it's what can happen with shipped eggs.

I haven't had a joint since I was 20, but I recall that sure calmed me down. 🤫 Then I went into law enforcement and never had it since.

CBD gummies or vapes a lot of people swear by, including my hubs. He has a CBD vape and about once a month when he's tossing and turning, he'll go dig around in his nightstand for it. A couple hits and he's out like a light in about a minute.

I've tried it during the day, big mistake! It's too relaxing to me, and I have no trouble sleeping, so don't use it personally.
Don't need anything at night now that my script finally got here. Just something non drowsy some times in the day time when things are moving as fast as I want them to. I've got the two sides and the back side walls ready for setting up and putting the metal & hardware cloth on this morning. Fight for time to get them finished before the rain hits. That has helped distract me from worrying about me eggs in the incubator. I'm on the scared side of CBD still. Doc in TN recommended it for something. Forgot what. Going to talk to my doc next appointment.

Good afternoon sweet eggs!

We decided to go for a Costco run today and it was a mistake! There's so many people, I'm itching to head back to the house.
I've never been to Costco. I have been to Sam's a few times though. Both of those are about 40 miles away so it's like a once-a-year thing.

I've never been to Costco. I have been to Sam's a few times though. Both of those are about 40 miles away so it's like a once-a-year thing.
Costco is great once or twice a year. I got lucky and my mom moved out here about 2 years ago, she goes there every few months and we either split stuff or I give her my 3 or 4 item list and she'll grab then for me. Otherwise we go into Costco for 3 or 4 things and leave with a $200 bill :barnie

Back
Top Bottom