Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Toughening them up I guess lol. It's not quite 54F yet. They have so much fun! Josie's our chickie guard dog.

IMG_0688.jpeg

Once I get a silkie rooster I'm hopefully going to breed him to some big Cornish Cross girls or big Cochin girls. So far my 5 little silkies are all acting like roosters wanting to control the brooder and they are doing a pretty good job of it. Just maybe some will be bossy pullets. We are not going to have to work outside tomorrow and may can get some new pictures of the rowdy kids. They do like to run like a greyhound.
My experience is the same as Debbie's, the silkie chicks are pretty darn fiesty and hold their own against the bigger ones. Mine typically like to try and eat the other chicks combs :idunno I've never had them draw blood, but they sure annoy everyone around them who have straight combs for the first two weeks or so. Oh, and trying to eat toes :rolleyes:

Once I get a silkie rooster I'm hopefully going to breed him to some big Cornish Cross girls or big Cochin girls. So far my 5 little silkies are all acting like roosters wanting to control the brooder and they are doing a pretty good job of it. Just maybe some will be bossy pullets. We are not going to have to work outside tomorrow and may can get some new pictures of the rowdy kids. They do like to run like a greyhound.
And, if you don't get a rooster, I have plenty to share :lau

I'm sure one of the five will be a terror on two feet of a rooster. If I have all pullets I will not complain. I'm watching TSC and will go to Rural King tomorrow to see if they have any silkies. I never thought I could get so hooked on a small chicken but I'm star struck with mine.
Yep, same here, I never thought I'd have a silkie, then they just suckered me in with those big black eyes :love

Back
Top Bottom