SIZE OF AIRSAC ON DAY 19/20???

Lyz

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Ashtabula, Ohio
HOW BIG SHOULD THE AIRSAC BE ON DAY 19 OR 20??? MY EGGS ARE STARTING TO DANCE AROUND AND WE HEAR TAPPING AND CHIRPING...SO WE ARE GETTING READY TO HATCH...BUT WE HAVE SOME THAT ARE NOT QUITE AS FAR ALONG...AND THEIR AIRSACS SEEM REALLY BIG...ANYONE HAVE PICS OF DAY 19/20 AIRSACS?...THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP IN ADVANCE...

Most don't candle after day 18 as opening the bator lowers the Hum and they can shrink wrap !

After day 18 I don't open the bator until the hatch is finished.

See this site on candeling . It may help. Sending hatching vibes
fl.gif

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/candling-eggs.php

ARE YOU STILL ON HERE...I JUST CHECKED THE BATORS...ONE OF THEM HAD SPIKED UP IN TEMP...AND COULD NOT GET IT TO GO DOWN...SO I MOVED THE EGGS INTO THE OTHER BATOR VERY QUICKLY...WHEN I WAS DOING THAT...THERE IS AN EGG THAT PIPPED UPSIDE DOWN AND ON THE SIDE OF THE EGG...IT LOOKS AS IF THERE IS A HOLE IN THE MEMBRANE...HOW LONG SHOULD I LEAVE IT LIKE THIS...THE MEMBRANE LOOKS VERY DRY THROUGH THE VIEW HOLE...I CANNOT SEE IF THERE IS MOISTURE OR NOT...IT DOES HAVE DRIED STUFF AROUND THE HOLE...WHAT DO I DO?

Sorry i went to bed. Hope your hatch is going well. I don't help any chicks hatch but that is my personal preference. i feel that if it doesn't hatch on it's own then is is weak stock.

It can take 12 to 24 hours to hatch after pip.

Back
Top Bottom