Suede, Isaac, Rex & Their Women (PIC Heavy)

Cyn, as always, it's such a treat to see your birds. Little Riley is looking wonderful. What a great look about her. Have you given any thoughts to developing a barred Amer by any chance?
big_smile.png
I think you'd have a real winner there. Call them Brameraucana's!
lol.png
Or Rockauna's? Or how about Barrocka's!
lol.png
OK. OK, you're right...that would just be silly!
lol.png
But I still like the idea of a barred Amer!
love.gif

Nugget looks pretty happy in her new flock. Let's hope she stays that way. And what girl in her right mind wouldn't be with the Suedenator!?! Love that big blue ball of fluff!
love.gif
Thanks for sharing Cyn.
hugs.gif

Many folks have wanted a barred Ameraucana, but there is a problem with the leg color being correct. Something about the barring gene messing with it and not being able to get correct color for the Ameraucana breed, if I recall. Closest you can really get is a barred Easter Egger.

I love my barred EEs! Remember, I also have another daughter of Charlotte's (gee, I so miss that sweet hen!), Panda. And Panda is Zane's only progeny, too. It's an unusual story that happened just after Hawkeye died suddenly and before Zane was completely crippled. I think I've told it on BYC before somewhere. Anyway, I have three daughters out of Charlotte with three different sires and they are all fabulous hens.

The barred EEs (BR x BBS Ameraucana) are fabulous layers of green and bluish-green eggs, no health issues, sweet temperament, just great, all-round farm chickens. They are my favorite crossbreed other than the Blue Orp/Buff Brahmas we used to hatch out of Suede and Caroline. Remember my Glenda? She is gone now, but what a sweet, beautiful hen and a wonderful broody mama, too. The males are stunning and HUGE, too. Glenda looked like a black Brahma. So many cool birds have passed through here. If Suede gets moved over to the larger coop, I might just consider giving Caroline and Miranda back to him.

My big blue tank and his women are gorgeous.
love.gif
. I saw no pics of My Little Love...where is Rufus? He must have been in the house watching tv by the wood stove huh?

Back
Top Bottom