Suede, Isaac, Rex & Their Women (PIC Heavy)

Really pretty flock you have. I plan to get more of just plymouth rock... in January. Once again, really pretty hens!! And men too!! lol
lol.png

Thanks, all. I miss Smoky, Suede's other blue hen who died of crop stasis recently. She was larger than Dusty and quite a character. Suede is being comforted by his three recently acquired Buff Orp ladies, though. And Meg is always with him, large and in charge, LOL.

Thanks, I try my best to keep a good environment for them.

My very first BBS Orp pair were Suede and Velvet. When I named them, I was thinking of the songs Blue Suede Shoes and Blue Velvet. Then his next hen was Skye. And Smoky and Dusty, all blue themed names, as you can tell. When I thought of the name Suede, I also thought of "suave", as in dashing and attractive to the ladies. He's been a real blessing, that big old blue turkey; outlived three of his four blue hens already. There's not a mean bone in his body (toward humans), but he'd defend those girls with his life, of that I have no doubt. Yup, love my big guy. I've been blessed with friendly, easygoing roosters for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom