Tenax Poutry Fence

mommto3kiddos

Songster
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
Has anyone used the Tenax Poultry Fence?? We got it over the weekend at Lowes (50 ft for $24).. Its super hard to break or cut, but Im nervous since it is plastic..

f60c665a-1690-4658-a71a-6e4314b1dc15_300.jpg

Thanks

Are you planning to use it for your run? If so, I would say the large openings are asking for a coon or other nasty varmit to reach through the holes a grab a chicken. I have not seen this first hand but have heard on here that once they grab one, they jerk it through the holes a piece at a time. Yuck.

The rule of thumb I have learned on these boards is chicken wire is only used to keep chickens out of something/somewhere and not to keep predators out. I know its expensive but 1/4 or 1/2 in hardware cloth is the way to go.

Raccoons and dogs will bite through it if they wish to.

If it is important to you to have a fence material that carnivores can't slice thru with their teeth, then I would avoid it.

If you are just trying to keep different chickens separate or protect raspberries, it is fine
smile.png

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

I use that type of fencing to make separate areas in my coop--such as now when I have chicks growing out at different ages. It's easy to put up, take down, keeps chicks in their area. But I would not recommend using it for the outer fencing on your coop or run. I don't think it would hold up to a racoon or dog who wanted to break in.
wink.png

I use it, but only as a liner along my other fencing on the interior run walls so the roos can't stick their heads thru and fight. It won't stop a predator from getting thru if that's the only fencing.

Back
Top Bottom