The Cat Chat Thread

Pics

TheChiggens

The Cluckmazing Guy
Jul 7, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
I know there are probably lots of cat lovers out there so I decided to make a thread where you can post pictures share stories etc.
SO let the fun begin! :celebrate
IMG_0012[1].JPG

Here's Jack. He's a feral cat that we were given for Christmas by a vet. He found him in a barn. He neutured him, did blood tests, and gave him all his shots. He gave him to us for free because I was the only person he ever liked. The day I met him, he crawled right into my lap and started purring. Everyone else he met he would bite or scratch.

Now he's just a house cat who loves me to death. He comes when I say his name and he acts like a dog. He will even sit for treats.

IMG_20190216_074228~2.jpg

I'm not, absolutely NOT a cat person, but my husband rescued Boo. Literally rescued her right out of one of our dog's mouth.
She was younger than we thought at first and I had to feed her formula for two weeks. Now SHE is attached to me. I've tried to rehome her. Really. Really I have
We've had her for two months and she is expensive!
Shots, worming, de-fleaing, and next month spaying. Also litter & the box, feed, and toys. And the indoor tree.
And speaking of trees, I had to hire someone to climb a 40 foot tree and rescue her when she was playing outside last month. She spent about 30 hrs in the tree before we got her down. So, you see, I can't make her an outdoor cat because she just isn't cut out for outdoor life. Lol.
20191211_184350.jpg

I never thought I was a cat person. I grew up with a cat named Muffin who absolutely dispised anyone but my mother. After my parents got divorced my mom became estranged from us for reasons I wont delve into. Anyways she called me late at night while I was at college to inform me that the cat was dead. It was coming up on mothers day so we thought we'd all chip in to buy her a new cat. That's when we met Sasha. We got her from our local animal shelter and brought her to our mom's house. At first she was elated. Then sometime that afternoon she called me and said she couldn't find the cat. I could not convince her that the cat was just probably exploring so I drove the twenty minutes and found the cat behind the washing machine. I explained to my mother that she just needs to get used to things and explore...to give her time. Halfway home...another call. I had to pull over and explain once again that a new cat needs to adjust and it will be fine. I then shut my phone off. After dinner I turned my phone back on to 10 missed calls all complaining about the cat. These continued until about 1 am. Around 8 am the next morning I was headed downstairs for my morning coffee and the door bell rang. I opened the door to watch my mom's car driving off fast down the road and at my feet sat Sasha. I picked her up and brought her in and she has been my cat ever since. I don't know why she didnt want her but she is the best cat ever
20190515_120958.jpg

This is Daisy and her best friend Bailey. Daisy was the runt of the litter when we got her. She attached to Bailey right away, he loves her, and she loves him, they play around together and always snuggle up together at bed time.

she spends most of her time catching lizards in her outdoor enclosure and screaming like a banshee for food

3AD312B3-AC96-4C4E-9B2C-4D3D616EEAFE.png 6079E392-5E90-4032-84A4-D2208D8ABB03.png

This is her just now

55AF5406-7D64-4E63-9038-F7984FD1AEB7.jpeg

I'm not, absolutely NOT a cat person, but my husband rescued Boo. Literally rescued her right out of one of our dog's mouth.
She was younger than we thought at first and I had to feed her formula for two weeks. Now SHE is attached to me. I've tried to rehome her. Really. Really I have
We've had her for two months and she is expensive!
Shots, worming, de-fleaing, and next month spaying. Also litter & the box, feed, and toys. And the indoor tree.
And speaking of trees, I had to hire someone to climb a 40 foot tree and rescue her when she was playing outside last month. She spent about 30 hrs in the tree before we got her down. So, you see, I can't make her an outdoor cat because she just isn't cut out for outdoor life. Lol.
View attachment 1983656
I'm not a cat person either, but there have been 3 male cats I got attached to. Female cats don't like me. My aunt has all female cats and only her male cat was in love with me to the point he would climb in my purse to go for rides. He passed away though last year. My friend has a Siamese cat the loved me too, he would be so happy when I'd come over. He passed away if old age.

Now the only make cat in my life is Jack. He wrestles with my puppy all the time. I don't think he knows he's a cat. He even eats pizza bones (pizza crust) with the dogs. If you have chicken on your plate he will sit there and whine or tap you with his paws.

IMG_20191127_081704~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom