The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Just popping in to say hi and show off my 8 wk old splash boy?? (hoping) from Renie'sPeeps and my Red Orps from GFF. I sure hope the reds are a pair. They are 4 weeks old.
fl.gif
Anyone else have red orps? I would love to see more photos of them.

I have some. Mine are from Greenfire and Marc Sacre. I will be auctioning some soon. I might be able to help you if you need either a male or female.

Hello, I'm Joe & have two Buff Orp hens around 4-5 months old. They are so sweet & my wife & kids love them. Thinking about getting a rooster & raise some chicks too. My question is are Buff Orp roosters as gentle & sweet as the hens??? My main concern is having a loud, noisy rooster, as my hens are relatively quiet. Would a Buff Orp rooster be good to have???
Buff Orp roosters from hatcheries can be mean and aggressive as they generally have something besides Orp in their stewpot.The SOP Buffs, bred by breeders, are generally calm, jolly birds. I have 3 very large cock birds living together for the summer as my girls deserve a vacation. No problems at all. There is no reason to tolerate a mean rooster! These Orps get very large, and could hurt you, or a child.

I was out in the garden getting a mid day snack ready for the chooks and had to share the overwhelming spring bounty with you all:

Brunch Bouquet before

During

And after!

They really LOVE their green snacks

I was out in the garden getting a mid day snack ready for the chooks and had to share the overwhelming spring bounty with you all: Brunch Bouquet before During And after! They really LOVE their green snacks
nice job!! mine is nothing but weeds with some stuff growing here and there lol we have to start late in the northwest

Thank you! But I can't take all the credit. My father in law has not only a green thumb, but nine other fingers to match and at 75, he just doesn't quit! I pick out the seeds and help pull the weeds and do most of the canning, he just likes to play in the dirt (his words).

I was out in the garden getting a mid day snack ready for the chooks and had to share the overwhelming spring bounty with you all:

Brunch Bouquet before

During

And after!

They really LOVE their green snacks
Beautiful garden and what a brilliant idea

Buff Orp roosters from hatcheries can be mean and aggressive as they generally have something besides Orp in their stewpot.The SOP Buffs, bred by breeders, are generally calm, jolly birds. I have 3 very large cock birds living together for the summer as my girls deserve a vacation. No problems at all. There is no reason to tolerate a mean rooster! These Orps get very large, and could hurt you, or a child.

BEAUTIFUL birds...wow!!

Back
Top Bottom