TobyRB22

Songster
5 Years
Aug 20, 2018
510B5159-B1B4-41E5-91AF-1B5CB9449A7A.jpeg
AA895E07-CF2D-4E47-AA6D-F8B4B5D629C8.jpeg
EDB43F3D-1F0E-4A1C-8032-7FB4EF799193.jpeg
DE6FBBB4-B8BC-41E5-AC86-0D83B1075028.jpeg
So about a month ago I had no clue what I was doing trying to raise a peachick. I wanted to know if I had a boy or a girl, I know it’s very difficult to sex a peachick so young, it seemed that consensus was it was a male. I’m still not sure, the more I look the less convinced I am of what gender it is. So now a few green feathers are coming through on the neck and face, the flight feathers are more of a rusty colour compared to the top feathers and still seems to have kept the barring on the feathers. It stands tall and it looks like it has really long toes...but...I have nothing to ever compare it too...so...do we still think it could be a boy? Or do I have a pretty hen?

Thanks

I found this,

. A visual inspection can help determine which chicks will grow into peacocks: though it takes a few months for a young peacock's train of tail feathers to grow, male peachicks tend to have longer legs than their similarly aged female counterparts. They will also have slightly darker feathers on their chests. At the same time, by observing the behavior of peachicks in a group, it is also possible to guess at the sex of a given bird: female peachicks will often stay close to their mother, and will display fewer signs of aggression – though these traits cannot always be relied upon.

Load her up and take her to a farm that sells them and see if you can tell by their examples at that age.

Good morning!

I’d love to see them
I have four that are about the same age as you chick, two are clearly female, one is clearly male, and one that looks like your chick. I'll see if I can get picture of all four for you. Keep in mind that @KsKingBee hatches many more in one year than I have hatched since I started. :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom