Do any of you guys have a livestock guardian dog? I've been doing some research and I'm thinking I may look into getting one this fall once our perimeter fence is in place. I wonder if they tend to keep hawks away...
We need some pics of your tiny chicks that are hatching! :pop

Proud of you Chris, not something you want to rush into with out going about it this way.
I've wanted another hound for about 6 years now. Last time though, I did not properly plan. That poor hound had go back to a shelter. I do not want to make those mistakes again. Hounds are a lot of work, but I find their companionship and loyalty to be worth the effort. I'm in a better place now, both with timing and property size. This started as an impulse, but I'm trying not to be impressive abut it. To be honest though, I'm still intimidated by the entire process. It's a big responsibility.

I have 3 hounds but they are small. [Dachshunds] but stubborn is their middle name.

I had a dachshund that I begged my mom for in middle school. Growing up, my aunt had a one named Gus that I adored whenever we visited. My dachshund was SO neurotic and stubborn as all get out, but we loved him. We took him to so many training classes, but he basically did what he wanted, lol.

I told myself I'd never get another dog... and I didn't until 2018 when we got Cosmo. I'd always wanted a golden retriever, and I decided to get one because they're smart and easily trained. HAH! I have the most neurotic golden retriever in all the land. And yes, we love him and I can't imagine life without him, but I'm starting to think I only attract neurotic dogs. 😂 He's incredibly smart but man oh man is he afraid of every. dang. thing.

Do any of you guys have a livestock guardian dog? I've been doing some research and I'm thinking I may look into getting one this fall once our perimeter fence is in place. I wonder if they tend to keep hawks away...
Pearl is a livestock guardian dog.

image.jpg

She is resting up right now from a night of dreaming about chasing lions and tigers.

I have a Pyrenees mix and he chases hawks, owls and other large birds to a fault. He doesn't bother my birds including turkeys, but he runs the wild turkeys off.

What type of dog is she..?

She looks like a dux lover.
She is a 100% lab.. purebred.. papers and all..
The sun shining in made her fur look brownish.. she is.. or was all black.. now she is becoming grey..

Here she is a few years ago, trying to tell us she wants something, we could never figure out what she wanted..

32A5E582-3A09-4200-A494-8C13E1363422.png

Back
Top Bottom