My chicks keep adventuring to the front yard!! Today they made it all the way to the front garden LOL

They were pecking my toes in that 4th one! :barnie

E8CFC4E7-9C8B-40A7-B29A-84F9560CF3C3.jpeg 5312A169-9990-4021-8F8E-039B9EB6FA9C.jpeg EE1D8DEF-4273-4216-A077-AC154D8F449B.jpeg E68DEDC6-65BA-4C72-8466-D5BAAAD150DE.jpeg 201507AF-290C-47CA-B8E9-9453DCD49668.jpeg 12B2C202-C91D-45EE-BA8B-4D4F55547BEF.jpeg

Btw @Trimurtisan here are the plants. Putting them in a spoiler cause there’s a lot of pictures. :oops: tried to take pictures of a bunch of leaves. A lot seem to have weird like burn marks on the edges or random holes and also all sorts of weird spots. Sorry if the pictures are out of order. Too many to fix it. :lau I took a bunch of each plant but they might be all mixed up but hopefully you get the idea. And I think you can see what I mean about the one previously being bushy.

Sure didn’t look like it. Your chicks are sweet what breed?

Thank you! I appreciate that!! It’s not too bad, just got lots of dead stuff atm haha it’s even better in the spring though when everything comes to life and starts blooming 😍

We’ve got all sorts of blooming bushes too and a few trees. I’ll have to get pictures of it all haha

And they’re all different breeds haha 2 Welsummers, Blue Andalusian (ended up black), Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, Lavender Orpington, Rhode Island Red, and Easter Egger. I had a Barred Rick too but he died. :( but these ones are super cute. :love still a bit scared of me but mostly friendly haha except they all ended up boys except for one Welsummer!! :th

I hatched them myself Thanksgiving weekend. My first hatch ever and I ended up with a 90% cockerel rate. :lau :th

But I’m planning on keeping a few of them.

It seems 2019 was the year for males Roos and drakes. Hopefully this year will be better.

I hope so!! I was really excited about the hatch and all the cuteness and was planning on keeping all the girls.... then they threw that curveball. :lau

I knew I could get 50/50 or even 75% but I was not expecting 90%. :th

Even worse was I was unsure on some for a while and so were others so I thought I could potentially have 2-4 girls but nope. :(

Even the possible girls turned out to be boys.

Oh well. They’re still very handsome and I’m thinking of keeping 2-3 boys to further evaluate and eventually decide since it’s hard to tell personality and stuff so young. And of course I’ll keep the girl. Thinking I might keep both Welsummers so I can have a purebred pair and then I think I’ll also keep the Lav Orp and Easter Egger just because the Lav is so unique and I love EEs but I’m not entirely sure yet. Trying to base it on personality too rather than just looks haha

Back
Top Bottom