Hard choice Tooshay, you could jump in publicly and share your story or just let it go. The world of FB is too hot for me and I would probably just let it go. I have a few folks here on BYC who attack me anytime I give feed advice and in the simplest of terms, I'd rather let it go then fight, unless someone's birds are going to die without change. That has happened out here and I fought long and hard, but in the end the OP chose the path of the uninformed and her birds died. The poor person was quite literally killing her birds with kindness. I choose to be non-confrontational if at all possible.

Hard choice Tooshay, you could jump in publicly and share your story or just let it go. The world of FB is too hot for me and I would probably just let it go. I have a few folks here on BYC who attack me anytime I give feed advice and in the simplest of terms, I'd rather let it go then fight, unless someone's birds are going to die without change. That has happened out here and I fought long and hard, but in the end the OP chose the path of the uninformed and her birds died. The poor person was quite literally killing her birds with kindness. I choose to be non-confrontational if at all possible.
Yikes, you get attacked here? I thought this was a safe place and you give good advice. What in the world... I do agree with you that I would just suck it up. Actually posting the pictures will tell anybody that knows these ducks are not as advertised.

there are different breeds popular here. You can find loads of Muscovy and runnerducks and als Peking’s are popular for a long time. My grandpa en ma had a farm with Peking’s already. There are also some smaller groups who favor a particular duck. Like the old Dutch call duck (which I own and love too) and even a smaller amount of ducks who were common in the past but now quite rare. For instance ‘the Eenden van Vorst’ which I love! They are so beautiful. But didn’t own yet. I know one hobby breeder who has them but they are so rare it’s hard to get offspring and keep the bloodline healthy too...This is my first time with Cayuga’s but they seem to be very likeable. Which breed is your favorite?
Also pictures please

Cons
Do you think it's weird that this guy took my pictures of questionable ducks and put them up on his page as a success story? I wouldn't necessarily call it that, but alrighty...

View attachment 2157434
Considering how many eggs you ordered and what survived, and the breed mix ups.... this person gives me the creeps..

I just thought it was odd. They seem to sell a lot of eggs, but i'm thinking it may be to people who don't know any better (myself included.) I'm not up for a facebook war, there's no winning there, but I do feel bad that people are buying poultry that probably isn't what they were expecting.

You really get attacked on here over feeding advice? Oy. Were they feeding only scratch or something?

Back
Top Bottom