Once the floods start will the creek fill for a year? Or how long?

Do the platypus come back with the water or has it moved on?
Its flowing again now. It never usually dries up but with the state governments "enviromental flows" during the drought water that would normally come this way was sent straight to South Australias overflowing string of lakes. But yes floods should bring the fish and other swimming creatures back. If you don't know what an enviromental flow is, its because we are only place in the world to do it, and I do not reccomend. But heres some snippets of our creek. Thiught I had more pics of our beautiful old gumtrees but I don't.
20200530_133332.jpg
20200530_133120.jpg
20200521_130338.jpg
20200412_102614.jpg

Its flowing again now. It never usually dries up but with the state governments "enviromental flows" during the drought water that would normally come this way was sent straight to South Australias overflowing string of lakes. But yes floods should bring the fish and other swimming creatures back. If you don't know what an enviromental flow is, its because we are only place in the world to do it, and I do not reccomend. But heres some snippets of our creek. Thiught I had more pics of our beautiful old gumtrees but I don't.
View attachment 2358771View attachment 2358773View attachment 2358776View attachment 2358782
No croc's in there?

View attachment 2358771View attachment 2358773View attachment 2358776View attachment 2358782
Gorgeous

They are reintroducing beavers in the UK to reduce flooding, after successful net reductions of flooding in Europe following increases to the beaver population. I guess you have to understand them well to predict where they will build and therefore where flooding will increase and decrease.

Back
Top Bottom